Polaris don,t float

tireless

Well - it WAS marked!

LOL!

I've carried a short handle axe in an Axe Mate carrier for years. (Canadian Tire)

Not got the new sled set-up yet.

Also a cross cut bow saw - taken apart and stuffed up under the nose cone in my Zx.

Never needed it ... at least not since I started packing it.

Best way to ensure that you don't need something - take it along!

Took a saw with us on our annual trip for the first time in 31 years. We started riding to Rolphton from Mattawa on the 25th of Feb. after the high winds and rain of the 24th. We were on the A trail less than an hour and needed the saw to cut an evergreen that was across the whole trail+.  Think we will likely continue to take it with us from now on. It's an old course tooth 18" handsaw with a plastic tooth guard. I put a couple of zip ties around the blade to keep the plastic blade guard in place. It rode well along the side of the tunnel with just the belt that holds my luggage on through the hand hole.

15 hours ago, Ox said:

Well - it WAS marked!

LOL!

I've carried a short handle axe in an Axe Mate carrier for years. (Canadian Tire)

Not got the new sled set-up yet.

Also a cross cut bow saw - taken apart and stuffed up under the nose cone in my Zx.

Never needed it ... at least not since I started packing it.

Best way to ensure that you don't need something - take it along!

Ox, I never said I didn't screw up!   Just following my track back the other way when the ski hooked a land mine and the sled was re-directed.

I was just commenting on why it is a great idea to carry a saw. 

Live and learn, right?  Never dreamed my sled would ever be locked into the ground. 

I was laughing WITH you.

Archived