Tek vest

Poo Man

Who wears em? Think I'm going to get one for next season. Wondering if anyone has insight into what ones fit best for sledding 

I wear one. Protect the vitals just the same as the head imo. Very comfortable to wear and adjustable. Doubles as wind protection in deep freeze temps too. 

12 minutes ago, FrostyTheSnowman said:

I wear one. Protect the vitals just the same as the head imo. Very comfortable to wear and adjustable. Doubles as wind protection in deep freeze temps too. 

BINGO!!!  That's exactly what the hubby says.  He will NEVER ride without it again.  He wears his under his coat and feels so comfortable and warm.  Smart investment.  I have one also.  Just haven't wore it do to the fact I need to lose weight.  Many of our go-kart racers wear them now and won't race without it.  Good to see.  Saves on the ribs for sure.

We have the Off road tek vest

15 hours ago, FrostyTheSnowman said:

Tekvest or jockstrap?

4 minutes ago, Blake G said:

Tekvest or jockstrap?

Oh Blake

I wear one now after a minor fall off my sled two years ago going over an embankment and hit the handle bar. Thought nothing of it until next day I was in so much pain. Recently I was wearing my vest and had a minor (maybe bigger than minor crash) and again hit the handle bar and did no damage to myself other than a bruised shin. Won't ride without it.

Jerry

2 hours ago, grover_yyz said:

I wear one now after a minor fall off my sled two years ago going over an embankment and hit the handle bar. Thought nothing of it until next day I was in so much pain. Recently I was wearing my vest and had a minor (maybe bigger than minor crash) and again hit the handle bar and did no damage to myself other than a bruised shin. Won't ride without it.

Jerry

Jerry .... slow down .... 50 klicks is too fast for you   :D. You need to limit your speed between 20 and 35 klicks :evil2:or ride without a handle bar .... lol

Great piece of equipment.

I would like to wear one, in fact I have tried a few over the years, just can't get comfortable with one on.

Too hot, too restrictive, feels like a straight jacket!

Perhaps the fact that I only wear track pants and a t-shirt under my suit (in any temps) it makes me feel over heated, if anything else is worn.

Been wearing a Tek Vest for years. I have the Freestyle vest. Find it to be less constricting than other models.

Wear it under my jacket, great protection and added warmth for those colder days.

Sure it might be a bit warm at times but the benefits of wearing a Tek Vest are far greater than not wearing one. IMAO

tek vest with FULL PLATE ON FRONT, NOT A ZIPPER. the full plate disperses impact throughout the plate. the zipper is the weak link and only spreads the impact to the zipper. we NEVER get on the sled, or bike without a tekvest on. Ski

9 hours ago, Yamaha Fan said:

Jerry .... slow down .... 50 klicks is too fast for you   :D. You need to limit your speed between 20 and 35 klicks :evil2:or ride without a handle bar .... lol

Yeah, lots on my mind that day. Hate when work is renting/invading space in my head. I have learned and concentrate on riding and not what is going on at work.

11 minutes ago, grover_yyz said:

Yeah, lots on my mind that day. Hate when work is renting/invading space in my head. I have learned and concentrate on riding and not what is going on at work.

That is what riding is ALL about, brother. Happy trails !

Have one for the last 10 years and so do most of the people I ride with, do not find uncomfortable

Plus they help you float if you ever get into water 

After my near head on crash just a few weeks ago, for next season ill be riding with it on all the time.

( thats if TD insurance ever decides what they are doing with my sled.. sigh)

9 minutes ago, infernobuster said:

After my near head on crash just a few weeks ago, for next season ill be riding with it on all the time.

Not good to hear that's who I have for insurance.  How you doing all healed up??

1 hour ago, infernobuster said:

Not sure of my buddies carrier but he has been waiting since early Jan on his sled.

2 hours ago, gobills said:

Not good to hear that's who I have for insurance.  How you doing all healed up??

Naw, still off work and will be for rest of march now. 

I head to the caribbean in first week of april, so hopefully when im back ill be good to go.

TD is supposed to give me an answer this week now finally. Only been a month whether they will repair it or write it off. 

$5500 bucks is the repair bill currently .. 

4 hours ago, GrizzlyGriff said:

Plus they help you float if you ever get into water 

That is what I kike about the air bag vest, it has a tether and inflates if you are ejected, or if the sled sinks and you don't. Acts as a life jacket as well. best of both worlds, safety for a come off, safety for a swim, and it is high vis as well. less money than a tech vest and weighs nothing worn outside jacket.

Tekvests would have been a good idea on Saturday!

Police investigate head-on snowmobile crash in Grey County

Snowmobile Crash

Police investigate a head-on snowmobile crash near Singhampton on Saturday, March 9, 2019 (Courtesy/Michael Deiters)

facebook-icon.png  
  twitter-icon.png  
  google-icon.png  
  reddit-icon.png  
  share-icon.png  
  print-icon.png  
  email-icon.png  

CTV Barrie 
Published Sunday, March 10, 2019 7:12PM EDT 
Last Updated Sunday, March 10, 2019 7:22PM EDT

Debris still litters the trail; a day after two men were taken to hospital with serious injuries following a head-on collision involving three snowmobiles in Grey County. 

Grey County Ontario Provincial Police Officers responded to the crash at a trail near Singhampton around 10:40 a.m. on Saturday.

A 31-year-old man and a 58-year-old man were both taken to hospital with serious injuries. 

Pete Oosterhoff, a nearby resident, says he didn't see the crash, but he did watch police investigate.

“There was two skidoos on top of each other, and about a hundred metres away there was another one that was completely damaged as well, missing a ski and the engine and all that was exposed.” 

The crash has many people in the area questioning how it happened, given the open field where the collision occurred.

“Really bad crash for an area that is wide open. I'm an avid snowmobiler as well, and you're always worried about the tight corners,” said Ooosterhoff, “but in an open stretch like here, I just don't know how it happened.” 

Kevin Hagen, Manager of Mid-Ontario Snowmobile Trails, told CTV News he’s surprised a collision of this magnitude occurred because weather and trail conditions were not a factor.

“It was a bright clear day,” said Kevin Hagen. “I believe the sun was shining and the trail was in very good condition at the time of the incident. It's a bit puzzling.” 

Grey County OPP didn’t provide any more details to the cause of yesterday’s crash.

The OPP along with the Technical Traffic Collision Investigators continue to investigate the crash and are asking anyone with information to contact police

22 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Tekvests would have been a good idea on Saturday!

Police investigate head-on snowmobile crash in Grey County

Snowmobile Crash

Police investigate a head-on snowmobile crash near Singhampton on Saturday, March 9, 2019 (Courtesy/Michael Deiters)

facebook-icon.png  
  twitter-icon.png  
  google-icon.png  
  reddit-icon.png  
  share-icon.png  
  print-icon.png  
  email-icon.png  

CTV Barrie 
Published Sunday, March 10, 2019 7:12PM EDT 
Last Updated Sunday, March 10, 2019 7:22PM EDT

Debris still litters the trail; a day after two men were taken to hospital with serious injuries following a head-on collision involving three snowmobiles in Grey County. 

Grey County Ontario Provincial Police Officers responded to the crash at a trail near Singhampton around 10:40 a.m. on Saturday.

A 31-year-old man and a 58-year-old man were both taken to hospital with serious injuries. 

Pete Oosterhoff, a nearby resident, says he didn't see the crash, but he did watch police investigate.

“There was two skidoos on top of each other, and about a hundred metres away there was another one that was completely damaged as well, missing a ski and the engine and all that was exposed.” 

The crash has many people in the area questioning how it happened, given the open field where the collision occurred.

“Really bad crash for an area that is wide open. I'm an avid snowmobiler as well, and you're always worried about the tight corners,” said Ooosterhoff, “but in an open stretch like here, I just don't know how it happened.” 

Kevin Hagen, Manager of Mid-Ontario Snowmobile Trails, told CTV News he’s surprised a collision of this magnitude occurred because weather and trail conditions were not a factor.

“It was a bright clear day,” said Kevin Hagen. “I believe the sun was shining and the trail was in very good condition at the time of the incident. It's a bit puzzling.” 

Grey County OPP didn’t provide any more details to the cause of yesterday’s crash.

The OPP along with the Technical Traffic Collision Investigators continue to investigate the crash and are asking anyone with information to contact police

Looks like a bunch of Darwin candidates there .... I'm considering a TekVest for next season ... for just such reasons as this ...

Archived