OPP checking that helmet strap ?

Muskoka Bill

21 minutes ago, Muskoka Bill said:

After pages of posts Thanks Steve B, I was correct in that they were really checking for drinking probably secondary for the people that don't do their strap up. In either case I am glad to see the OPP on the  trails eliminating some of the morons and reminding people to be safe, else you or your wallet will pay the consequences

In our area I would welcome a more significant OPP presence. I see too many idiots and rarely see the OPP. Lots of empty beer cans along the side of the trail at the typical rest break spots. Myself... nothing to be afraid of. They can check all they want and I will be quickly on my way with everything in order.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, manotickmike said:

I sled ONLY because I can no longer ski. 

Saw this from the trail yesterday, and goosebumps. I must have spent 300+ days here. 

Friends tell me some of the trails we cut and kept secret are now sanctioned, and that runs we favoured adorned with ropes with signs of "Pistee Fermee" are now named after old friends and competitors. 

If you ever have a hankering to slice up Ryan or (some other trail re-named after a (expletive deleted) snowboarder) on a pair of mint condition actual world cup 225cm DH boards, drop me a line. 

It's a thrill you'll NEVER forget. 

IMG_0368.JPG

Did the charlevoix at le massif several times with the nets up running my  FIS Atomic GS12's can you say 90kmh. I do not think i have the stamina to strap on a set of DH skis and run that course. maybe ten years ago, but i am getting a little long in the tooth.

1 hour ago, SteveB said:

OPP "check helmet strap" gives them (OPP) an opportunity to get close and check for alcohol. My brother is an OPP officer and it is their "non-evasive" way of checking your breath for drinking. Also it shows them signs of impairment should you struggle to show them your chin strap (most have to tilt their heads back) and you become unbalanced. Most people will have to stand to show the officer their helmets are secure again giving into an unbalance impaired state of intoxication should they stagger or slur their words. 

its a two birds deal, get a fine for no strap, and if that is fine they got in for a sniff. before the strap thing that started about five years ago, they would just shove their face close to yours. they do the same at ride checks.

26 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

In our area I would welcome a more significant OPP presence. I see too many idiots and rarely see the OPP. Lots of empty beer cans along the side of the trail at the typical rest break spots. Myself... nothing to be afraid of. They can check all they want and I will be quickly on my way with everything in order.

You may be better off just buying some knitting needles.

AKA IQ test! 

Archived