Lake Baptiste near Bancroft

Fergie

I'm looking for some information on Lake Baptiste as I have never ridden up that way.

I'll be staying on the west side of the lake.  It looks like all of the trails are on the opposite side.  Can anyone confirm if there are lots of sleds running across the lake?  Are there any narrows or known open spots?  Ideally, can I ditch-bang from Rangers road to the trails?

Contact the Maple Leaf Sno Skimmers. In the past they have put in the stake lines.

We were a little north of there yesterday, Lake St Peter was staked, trails were absolutely mint

The lake is staked in regards to where the OFSC mapping is.

I have not been on the lake for several years as I normally ride north of there.

Someone will likely reply that has real good knowledge of the area.

However I think you should be fine from where you are. The lake is well travelled, although any body of water has it's bad spots.  

Road running will still be fine this weekend if you had to run down to where the 612 trail goes on.

Be wary of the narrows between Baptiste and Elephant Lake. Usually open water/thin ice there.

Was my first experience running open water many years ago on my SRV.  Not on purpose but successful! :smil9:

15 minutes ago, yamadan700 said:

Be wary of the narrows between Baptiste and Elephant Lake. Usually open water/thin ice there.

Was my first experience running open water many years ago on my SRV.  Not on purpose but successful! :smil9:

AKA The Ripples IIRC

4 minutes ago, revrnd said:

AKA The Ripples IIRC

Was many "Ripples" as I was third in line going across.

Knew something wasn't right when all of a sudden the snow dust disappeared from the 2 local guys I was riding with up Elephant Lake and the white lake turned dark. :eek:  ..lol..

Archived