RAP tour with kids???

Dragon600

Ok so I’ve been wanting to do the RAP tour for a while now and have never done it before and was wondering if attempting it with kids (2-up seats) over the March break was a silly idea?  Obviously would have to make it over a 5-6 day stretch but am I going to regret this if I attempt it?  I’m pretty sure I already know the answer but wondered if others have attempted before and their feedback. 

Thanks

21 minutes ago, Dragon600 said:

Ok so I’ve been wanting to do the RAP tour for a while now and have never done it before and was wondering if attempting it with kids (2-up seats) over the March break was a silly idea?  Obviously would have to make it over a 5-6 day stretch but am I going to regret this if I attempt it?  I’m pretty sure I already know the answer but wondered if others have attempted before and their feedback. 

Thanks

Keep an eye on the weather, pattern shift is coming. If stretching it out over the week I dont see an issue with kids going. Just be careful with who's coming at you around the next corner..

You will also want to get on it with booking places to stay. You may be running out of options at this point..

I think you could do it in 4 to 5 days with kids just my opinion.  Our kids go with us all the time on big trips.

As far as the weather I think you will luck out for March break. I would start booking hotels now though.  Pattern shift looks to be after.

4 days for sure & some pretty ez ridng..think kids would be fine 

I rode 450kms in one day with my girl at age 8 on the front. she had a blast. if your kids like it on the sled then you will be fine, if they do not enjoy all day on the sled then you may have trouble. if they are riding, my girl and I did a saddlebag when she was 12, had a blast average day was about 250kms but could have easily done more..

Archived