Electric Snowmobile (Where's Monte G?)

revrnd

https://www.autotrader.ca/newsfeatures/20180305/montreal-company-unveils-worlds-first-electric-snowmobile/?fbclid=IwAR19uByFIOWqEtJrbBldycGl7oH-T89FzLD6Epb4oYmWciSUgnh0ZN7WcXw

I guess this wouldn't work too well @ a camp:

Charging times are two hours at 240 volts; optionally, a DC fast charger will take the battery to 80 percent capacity in 20 minutes.

...and the rebels that like the sound of a can muffler will instead have a tape loop of sound coming out speakers .... :)

That was a year ago and they were taking orders to be delivered this winter. No signs of any coming on the snow.

My guess, not enough orders to make it worth while.

It will take a major manu like polaris or doo to bring an electric sled to market. 550 lbs with at least a 250km range, real world range in -25, not bs range. Under 17k and they may find a market. even then I doubt it. this company will fold up like a cheap tent, and anyone that invested will be burned.

7 hours ago, zoso said:

It will take a major manu like polaris or doo to bring an electric sled to market. 550 lbs with at least a 250km range, real world range in -25, not bs range. Under 17k and they may find a market. even then I doubt it. this company will fold up like a cheap tent, and anyone that invested will be burned.

Dewalt? Honestly my cordless tools drive me nuts in the cold besides how is creating that much battery green?

1 hour ago, Wildbill said:

Dewalt? Honestly my cordless tools drive me nuts in the cold besides how is creating that much battery green?

This sled will sound just like your cordless drill.

9 hours ago, Wildbill said:

it is not green and neither is solar. Take a look at the strip mining required to get the rare earth minerals out of the ground to make the panels. 

Archived