Timmins to Sudbury - L143 or Top Trail C?

Yellowknife

I didn't notice the condition of L143 last Fri' when we rode by on A107C, but SJ later commented that it didn't looked like it had been groomed.

Watch for a resident north of Post 392. Part of the trail is plowed (not to gravel) & he is driving to & from his home. He had pulled over so our group could pass a week ago Thur'.

• Like 2

C was good but it's a heck of a lot longer than L143.  

We ran it about 3 weeks ago. It strictly follows the hydro cut. Some jaunts away but always comes back. Basically can play in the powder for miles. It wasn't groomed for about  a week when we rode it and it was still good. But if they haven't been able to groom it since the big snow and you arnt comfortable cutting some of the hills. Probably best to stay away

31 minutes ago, rushrider said:

We ran it about 3 weeks ago. It strictly follows the hydro cut. Some jaunts away but always comes back. Basically can play in the powder for miles. It wasn't groomed for about  a week when we rode it and it was still good. But if they haven't been able to groom it since the big snow and you arnt comfortable cutting some of the hills. Probably best to stay away

Are you refering to TOP C?

• 3 weeks later...

We are in Timmins now and the ITG just went red for part of C and L143.

Was planning on taking L143, then A107C east to Liskeard tomorrow to trailer home. Temperatures dropping I thought the trail would be good.

My wife does not want to go the other way round taking the A and run that gravel road by Val Gagne or the stream crossing by Earlton.

Anyone know the latest with the L143?

Here's a  link to a Facebook post from Shining Tree snowmobile from 5 hours ago.

shining tree snowmobile - Facebook Search.html

Edited by PISTON LAKE CRUISER

I guess the rapidly changing conditions has altered our route home. Closed is closed. We'll take the A through Val Gagne. Nice day as expected.

I guess you could say L143 is on my bucket list of trails to ride. I've ridden TOP D west to Hayden, but from there to C101D is still a destination for me. 

We got home at midnight. A trail was great all the way to Latchford with only a handful of bare spots. My wife did excellent for her first 400km day and 1250kms for the 5 day trip.

Val Gagne wasn't bad at all with the fresh snow they had overnight. Well it was bad for me but we won't talk about my low speed ice accident that happened on the paved road right after that. At least I'll get my new helmet and windshield now!

Trailering home was tiring but arrived safe before this weekends bad weather.

• Like 2