Most sled friendly hotels in Kap?

Sheza Renegade

Can anyone from experience tell me which hotel is best for sledders in Kap that's on the trail or easy access?  Thanks 

Super 8 is a great spot.  Pool, breakfast with waffels(slomo approved), nice and clean. 

Comfort inn is there as well no pool a little cheaper.  I can not comment on any of the other motels in town as I have not stayed at them.

The Advantage on the west end is close to Papa Franco's for eats. A bunch of us OCers stayed there last March. Basic clean rooms right across from TOP A.

5 hours ago, revrnd said:

The Advantage on the west end is close to Papa Franco's for eats. A bunch of us OCers stayed there last March. Basic clean rooms right across from TOP A.

revrnd will not support the Apollo motel since they took out their indoor pool and did not lower the rates :poke2: However I have been there a few times - next to Papa Francos, sled trail A easy access across the street, prices last time I stayed $85 per night, multiple nights reduced rates. (sledders rate) The Advantage has kitchenette suites (ref. sledjunk) that might be handy though at roughly the same price. Both places have tons of parking.

No knock on the Comfort Inn - stayed there in the summer - but the intersection it is at gets very busy at plant shift change time, more so if a train is going by. Still, it is handy to downtown services. Rouski's will be handy.

Local person Claire Voyant might have advice on the Travelodge. Wherever you go ask for the snowmobiler's rate, particularly at Super 8 which was $115 last time we stayed. A&W and gas next door. Rooms 107 and 109 will give you a view of the parking spots just outside where you can park your sleds. Close to ground floor front door so you aren't all sweated up heading outside. Yep, love that waffle machine :-)

On 3/2/2019 at 6:25 AM, slomo said:

revrnd will not support the Apollo motel since they took out their indoor pool and did not lower the rates :poke2: However I have been there a few times - next to Papa Francos, sled trail A easy access across the street, prices last time I stayed $85 per night, multiple nights reduced rates. (sledders rate) The Advantage has kitchenette suites (ref. sledjunk) that might be handy though at roughly the same price. Both places have tons of parking.

No knock on the Comfort Inn - stayed there in the summer - but the intersection it is at gets very busy at plant shift change time, more so if a train is going by. Still, it is handy to downtown services. Rouski's will be handy.

Local person Claire Voyant might have advice on the Travelodge. Wherever you go ask for the snowmobiler's rate, particularly at Super 8 which was $115 last time we stayed. A&W and gas next door. Rooms 107 and 109 will give you a view of the parking spots just outside where you can park your sleds. Close to ground floor front door so you aren't all sweated up heading outside. Yep, love that waffle machine :-)

I agree re the Comfort Inn. Traffic can be a bit hairy at that intersection.

The Travelodge is easy to get to but is hidden behind the Esso so it seems to be forgotten. Just follow the lane behind the Esso. Quiet location. Their parking lot is huge. Breakfast included. Walking distance to c-store, several restaurants, the Sunshine Tavern (acoustic Thursdays and Fridays!). Club and District supporter. Snowmobile rate available. 

1 hour ago, Claire Voyant said:

I agree re the Comfort Inn. Traffic can be a bit hairy at that intersection.

The Travelodge is easy to get to but is hidden behind the Esso so it seems to be forgotten. Just follow the lane behind the Esso. Quiet location. Their parking lot is huge. Breakfast included. Walking distance to c-store, several restaurants, the Sunshine Tavern (acoustic Thursdays and Fridays!). Club and District supporter. Snowmobile rate available. 

I didnt really know where the Travelodge was.

4 hours ago, IQ TURBO said:

We stayed at the comfort inn on Friday night last week. Nice place,  but dont think we will go back to O briens anytime soon. Slow service. Food ok at best.  Not reccomended from me..

I agree re O'Briens. 

The restaurants in Kap leave a lot to be desired, but, believe it or not, the bowling alley (Northside Lanes) has become our go-to place. Best pizza in town...and they deliver! Stone cooked crust, and the "Super Deluxe" is to die for.

28 minutes ago, Claire Voyant said:

I agree re O'Briens. 

The restaurants in Kap leave a lot to be desired, but, believe it or not, the bowling alley (Northside Lanes) has become our go-to place. Best pizza in town...and they deliver! Stone cooked crust, and the "Super Deluxe" is to die for.

Nice. We will be visiting both the Moonbeam clubhouse and Dela Pieta this Saturday  and Sunday..:evil2:

1 hour ago, IQ TURBO said:

Nice. We will be visiting both the Moonbeam clubhouse and Dela Pieta this Saturday  and Sunday..:evil2:

Both excellent choices...lol

Last year when Papa Francos was closed on Mon' I (we) ate breaky @ Bidule (sp?). Near the 'doo dealer.

57 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Last year when Papa Francos was closed on Mon' I (we) ate breaky @ Bidule (sp?). Near the 'doo dealer.

Yes, walking distance from the Comfort Inn. Great cook there but we've found the hours a little erratic sometimes so we tend to forget about it.

Archived