Summer

Dan-Senior

Getting a bit overwhelmed with all this snow we have received in Sault Ste. Marie.  Looking forward to summer and some back roads riding with my old Enduro.

Keep Harley in  garage, time for sledding guy:icon_dance-cpatch: 

I have to agree that biking thoughts should be parked while there's still snow to beat on ... although I'm a bit jealous Dan ... I'd love to get my hands on a nice old enduro from Team Red.  I had an XL185S years ago, it was my first car.  It was great to ride !  My RT180 isn't road legal (it is plated and insured) so I can't legally ride from home.  I've no interest in those "adventure" bikes (crossovers) either, just too big and heavy.  If I want a bike with saddlebags I'll get a Gold Wing.  I just want a nice super light 4 stroke enduro with lights and mirrors and a kick starter.

To that end, if anyone on here has one or knows of one in good shape for sale, let me know. 200cc's or more if possible.

Had many Enduros. Favorite by a GOOD measure was an XL600, what a beast. The XR500 dirt model too was insanity but oh so fun. Had a nearly new TS125 71 zuk that I bought in the 90's never ridden. Wish I had of stored it away until 2030 or so, it was showroom and I beat the snot out of it in one summer because cheap, and why not? Cheap fun.

I will admit that I was thinking of the bike while riding the sled on Saturday ( is that cheating?) The roads have a nice feature that the trails don't,............. that little bit of paint down the middle that seems to keep everyone on their own side. 

Denis, I had a 1983 XL185. Was my first set of road wheels. Thing wouldn't get you much of a speeding ticket, if at all, LOL. But was alot of fun. Got out of the bikes for many years, but now on a CRF250L. Still not setting any speed records, but enjoy it as much, or more than the sleds.

What is with this summer talk nonsense?  

23 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

What is with this summer talk nonsense?  

Absolutely ! Best winter in several years - ENJOY !

22 minutes ago, Cuyuna said:

For sure.  Gonna be riding this weekend, then heading to the Keys next weekend (damn) for a week, so this could very well be my last for this season.

Yup enjoying this solid winter but kids have cabin fever! Secretly can't wait until the pool is open so they can burn off their energy there.

12 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

For sure.  Gonna be riding this weekend, then heading to the Keys next weekend (damn) for a week, so this could very well be my last for this season.

What !!? Giving up the sled keys for the Keys ?!! Blasphemy ! 

2 minutes ago, Poo Man said:

Yup enjoying this solid winter but kids have cabin fever! Secretly can't wait until the pool is open so they can burn off their energy there.

My pool is the lake.

1 minute ago, Cuyuna said:

:headbang:

I know.  But with the wife being a vice principle it's the only time she can get off.

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

My pool is the lake.

:headbang:

I know.  But with the wife being a vice principle it's the only time she can get off.

Vice Principal at work and Principal at home ! :D

2 minutes ago, Cuyuna said:

She doesn't sled and I have been away most weekends either sledding or on business, so its only right.

53 minutes ago, Cuyuna said:

No one else to blame buy myself, but the best year for some is possibly the worst for others. Spending too much time on trail work and grooming. By the time it's parked, don't feel much like going out. 

1 minute ago, Crow said:

No one else to blame buy myself, but the best year for some is possibly the worst for others. Spending too much time on trail work and grooming. By the time it's parked, don't feel much like going out. 

Although you are not in my area - THANKS for your service ! Hope you get some good rides in...

41 minutes ago, Cuyuna said:

Yup. There will still be snow when we all get back from March break. Probably have to trailer north but Ill get there

33 minutes ago, Cuyuna said:

Yup. Always costs us more. Heading to Ohio for a day, then Florida for 2, then Cruise out of Miami. Wife runs ragged and its no big deal to take ten days

6 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

Wife runs ragged and its no big deal to take ten days

Sounds like my wife! We can't get travel insurance for one of my son's so we're sol 

20 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

Yup. There will still be snow when we all get back from March break. Probably have to trailer north but Ill get there

Yup. Always costs us more. Heading to Ohio for a day, then Florida for 2, then Cruise out of Miami. Wife runs ragged and its no big deal to take ten days

Wife was likely packed a month ago.  We fly to Miami then drive to Marathon for a couple of days, then to Key West  for 4 and back to Key Largo.  Most of the trip is on points from hotels,  Aeroplan and Avis. 

Thanks Cuyuna, generally get some riding in during the season in between grooming runs, but keeping up with the seemingly endless blowing and drifting sucks up more time. Same problem as  other clubs,  not the same amount of snow as in the north, but more than we've had in a very long time.

Maybe head North again later when we're done here, no rush though.

24 minutes ago, Poo Man said:

Sounds like my wife! We can't get travel insurance for one of my son's so we're sol 

That stinks for more than one reason. Traveling is a great experience

9 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Wife was likely packed a month ago.  We fly to Miami then drive to Marathon for a couple of days, then to Key West  for 4 and back to Key Largo.  Most of the trip is on points from hotels,  Aeroplan and Avis. 

March Break is the only time we can go so its expensive but who cares. We were going to do the Keys for two days before the cruise but I didn't want to drive and be busy so I booked a hotel right on Ft Lauderdale beach for the time instead. We go there every year and will hit up our favorite restaurants and such. No kids as well. Thank god. 

Daughter will be on a bus somewhere in the US and my son will be snowmobiling. Good Times

34 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

March Break is the only time we can go so its expensive but who cares. We were going to do the Keys for two days before the cruise but I didn't want to drive and be busy so I booked a hotel right on Ft Lauderdale beach for the time instead. We go there every year and will hit up our favorite restaurants and such. No kids as well. Thank god. 

Daughter will be on a bus somewhere in the US and my son will be snowmobiling. Good Times

Same with us.  Couple of years ago we hit the Bahamas and it really didn't do much for us.  I prefer having my own car (rental) and either seeing more of Canada (West Mountains) or the USA.

It costs more during March Break, but like you said, who cares.  Even if we could I would never have pulled my son out of school to get a cheaper vacation. 

I'm not ready to give up on winter. Riding this weekend and hoping it won't be the last. I fly to Dallas on Monday then Dallas to Chicago on Tues and home Wed. A couple of days of report writing and back on the sled for the following weekend and maybe extend into the week a bit.

Going south to places like Florida does nothing for me. I'd rather explore Canada.

My wife has a sled with 760 km on it and isn't the fan of snowmobiling she used to be. I sent her to Cuba with her girlfriends for a week... thankfully I didn't have to go.

6 hours ago, Crow said:

I will admit that I was thinking of the bike while riding the sled on Saturday ( is that cheating?) The roads have a nice feature that the trails don't,............. that little bit of paint down the middle that seems to keep everyone on their own side. 

Denis, I had a 1983 XL185. Was my first set of road wheels. Thing wouldn't get you much of a speeding ticket, if at all, LOL. But was alot of fun. Got out of the bikes for many years, but now on a CRF250L. Still not setting any speed records, but enjoy it as much, or more than the sleds.

Best car I ever had, that 185.  I rode it 2/3 of the way up Cheminis Mountain (on Hwy 66 near the Quebec border, aka the Army Helmet) ... once it got beyond 45 degrees slope I parked it and walked the rest of the way up (rode past some hikers working their way up, they musta thought I was nuts). The ride down would have been epic though .... !!!

Archived