Seguin Trail

Bayview Boy

Anyone know why the Seguin is yellow?

Its been that way a lot this year. Every time I run it, it's mint.

Maybe a ploy by the locals to preserve it for ourselves and keep the week enders off lol.

Seriously though, it has been awesome most of the season.

X2

I've been on the Seguin a few times this year. Typically it's been in very good condition overall, with a small number of water-related hazards between Sprucedale and the Petrocan - - any of which could cause trouble if you're riding quickly and assuming everything is problem free. As far as I know, a trail like this should be coded yellow, as the club has done, when appropriate.

it's sucks, hopefully easy fix. So will spend weekend on Joseph lake for icefishing :)

8 hours ago, Blake G said:

I've been on the Seguin a few times this year. Typically it's been in very good condition overall, with a small number of water-related hazards between Sprucedale and the Petrocan - - any of which could cause trouble if you're riding quickly and assuming everything is problem free. As far as I know, a trail like this should be coded yellow.

I would have to agree with you, at the end of one of the straight sections there was a 4' diameter washout, that would surely hurt people if they were to miss seeing it.   That trail is so dam fast as well so it may creep up on you....

17 minutes ago, andreyboater said:

it's sucks, hopefully easy fix. So will spend weekend on Joseph lake for icefishing :)

The trail is fine for use just think and look ahead and do not let yourself run at very high speeds. 160kmph is not a good idea on a trail but it is done lots on this trail it has resulted in death before 

16 hours ago, Wildbill said:

lots of water issues and broken groomers both were down today ffs

Will groomers be up and running before the weekend?

10 hours ago, Wildbill said:

We are trying so hard to do that 

You guys always do,I don't think many know the beating groomers really take while grooming trails regardless

of any preventive maintenance done.Add sub zero temps ,twisting and winding uneven ground to steel and eventually

mechanical equipment will fail.  

43 minutes ago, cravesledding said:

You guys always do,I don't think many know the beating groomers really take while grooming trails regardless

of any preventive maintenance done.Add sub zero temps ,twisting and winding uneven ground to steel and eventually

Same goes for the operators. LOL

5 hours ago, cravesledding said:

But when a groomer breaks down the entitled will whine and complain that the volunteers out in the cold perhaps late at night working to get it fixed aren't DOING THEIR JOB. Makes me want to smack them. I can't think of any of our volunteers that don't have their participation cost them out of pocket and that isn't reimbursed.

Thanks for the comments.

Archived