Parry Sound area trail advice

Puggz

The Mrs and I are heading to Sudbury this weekend and I like the idea of leaving early Monday morning and experiencing some of the trails north of parry sound on our way back to civilization :).. Looking for an area with spectacular scenery (french river?); about a 4 hour trip with access off hwy 69.

Thoughts?

P.

Take a look where Pikes Peek is located, you may be able to hit that on a loop.   If I remember it is north of lorimer lake.   Nice lookout of the area.  You would have to do a search online for exact location.

Wolf Mountain lookout in Sudbury is beautiful!! Reevester took me to Pikes Peak a couple of years ago and it was really nice but I have no idea of where exactly it was.

59 minutes ago, Nunz said:

Wolf Mountain lookout in Sudbury is beautiful!! Reevester took me to Pikes Peak a couple of years ago and it was really nice but I have no idea of where exactly it was.

Pretty sure it’s on the 805 trail, southwest of Dunchurch.

This explains where it is 

There is two lookouts in the area. Old Baldy and Pikes peak. We were riding in the area last Friday, being lead around by a local. I can't tell you how to get to either but I do know they are within 10 minutes of Dunchurch and you best have studs if you're going to get up Pikes peak. Lots of ice under the snow.

Pikes peak is on the 805 like snowman is showing. Not sure where Old Baldy is though. 

47 minutes ago, snowman said:

This explains where it is 

Update to above post if you are not familiar with the area - Red Door Bakery in Wabaumik mentioned later in the post is no longer open.

Just to clarify this a little bit. First I have a cottage in the area so I'm in this area quite a bit. So Bauldy's is the one that is actually on the 805 trail BUT to get up it you have to take a short trail through a pass and go up the backside of the hill to get on top of it. For Pikes Peak you have to actually go off the 805 trail about 5 minutes to get to it. When travelling south on the 805 (and if you happen to know) where bauldy's is the next body of water is where the turnoff is for Pikes peak. There is almost always sled tracks going off to the right at a point on the waterway. Both are very hard to explain but really cool places for a stop. If your familiar with the small ice caves near the north end of 805 and your travelling north you just missed both of them. If your heading south on 805 and see the ice cave on your left then bauldys is the next body of water and then pikes peak is just after that. There is no signage for either.

After re-reading this I don't think I clarified a damn thing other than the fact I know where they are lol.

Thanks everyone, this is perfect. I'll park in Point au Baril and travel east from there.

3 hours ago, flash 800 said:

After re-reading this I don't think I clarified a damn thing other than the fact I know where they are lol.

I concur - trail 805 is near my camp, I have been to both look outs, but now I am not sure.:poke2:

Archived