Snowmobile catches on fire at gas pump in Paradise, MI.

andreyboater

Respect to plow truck driver!

Guy spills/pumps fuel all over his sled and doesn't even realize it until the guy points it out around the 1:40 something mark. Right after, fire! Certainly not the sharpest knife in the drawer! :headbang:

Who does not watch the fuel neck while filling? I never look away while filling my sled.

5 hours ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Hmmmmm, let me get my crap out of the back while it conitues to burn right beside the pump.......wow.

and the last sled to pull away sat there watching it burn rather than get the hell away from the pump

3 hours ago, Zertrider said:

Who does not watch the fuel neck while filling? I never look away while filling my sled.

X 2 I always pump slow and watch it closely myself making sure it doesn't spill over or spit back.

At Rocky’s in Sudbury  this weekend I was watching a guy fill up his nytro and it spewed all over his tank and seat, probably a half litre or so. I always watch and I can’t stand when the tiniest little speck of gas comes up...sometimes it happens 

So do you figure the guy paid for his fuel?? :)

Should have purchased LinQ bags for easy removal. I am amazed the sled didn't explode.

it won't explode because the fuel tank was full, just the fumes off the top will burn.......not enough oxygen in a full tank to complete combustion of an open flame. Half full it would have made a spectacular video

Unfortunately I have first hand knowledge of this happening to my sled somewhere around 2011-12 only it wasn't me pumping the gas but the attendant. He was using the locking mechanism and relied on it self stopping.............which it didn't and gas spewed up and the fumes caught fire from the exhaust. But we were able to put it out using snow. I jammed snow in the gas tank to stop the fumes and got it out after about a minute. The gas station had NO fire extinguishers on site. They should have been charged but nothing actually happened. Not even submitting a police report initiated anything. Seeing this brings back some scary memories.

To the fellow two posts ago, it that how you got the name Flash 800?

I let an attendant fuel my sled once and he spilled it over my seat, never ever let anyone else do it again. Always stand over top looking down into tank and never rely on flow back shut off.

On 2/27/2019 at 4:12 PM, Muskoka Bill said:

To the fellow two posts ago, it that how you got the name Flash 800?

lmao. That would certainly seem to fit. Flash is actually something from my dads youth and it flowed over to me when I was young so I use it for sentimental reasons. I was actually able to buy the sled back from insurance and rebuilt it then the next year I hit a rock and had to fix the front again so since then I nicknamed it crash n burn.

Archived