What a week.

soupkids

It's been quite a week around my house.

After a significant lottery win earlier in the week i went shopping.

New truck coming next week and a couple new toys.

Went to my dealer Friday to get a long overdue helmet I kinda walked out with a new sled, 850 assault, but forgot the helmet.

I went back today for the helmet and walked out with a XC 850 and the helmet.

Not sure what to shop for on Monday. 

20190223_171350.jpg

20190223_171341.jpg

20190222_184445.jpg

20190222_172929.jpg

9 minutes ago, slomo said:

Put some away - interest rates are going up.:-D

Unless I keep spending I should be able to put a little away.

2 minutes ago, gobills said:

Nice sleds!!!  Surprised your dealer can sell you those as they were snowcheck only!!

Polaris might not like that from your dealer.

In the past,  Polaris (and possibly other) dealers have been known to order a few extra snow check sleds with "names" on them that don't finalize the deal.

15 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

In the past,  Polaris (and possibly other) dealers have been known to order a few extra snow check sleds with "names" on them that don't finalize the deal.

This year was different.  They phoned every person who put the 500 down in the spring and asked questions about the sled they ordered In  order to avoid the fraudulent orders dealers had been processing.Not saying that the dealer did not do what you speak of I'm aware of that happening in years past.

Even for a dealer to say they had x amount of snowchecks and let's say they have one or 2 fall through I can see that but for one person to get 2??   Monkey business has gone on.  

Even if they are demos the dealer is still not allowed to sell them yet.

Congrats Soup I’m happy for you !! Enjoy them..

1 hour ago, catinental couch said:

Pay off your mortgage soup. You were concerned about that a little while ago. It is nice to hear of somebody somewhat close have some good fortune. God knows you needed some.:right_on:

Congratulations!  Thats pretty cool.  

What he said.   You were afraid you were going to lose your house a while back.   Walk into the bank and pay it off.   A paid for house is the ultimate financial security.    

Was this you??  

https://www.thesudburystar.com/news/local-news/1m-lotto-winner-bought-ticket-in-sudbury

54 minutes ago, scottyr said:

Congratulations!  Thats pretty cool.  

What he said.   You were afraid you were going to lose your house a while back.   Walk into the bank and pay it off.   A paid for house is the ultimate financial security.    

Was this you??  

https://www.thesudburystar.com/news/local-news/1m-lotto-winner-bought-ticket-in-sudbury

I'm not telling

The sleds are dealer demos.

1 had 300 miles the other had 200

Looks like no more house cleaning for Soup, the new cleaning lady will be polishing the silver while your out rippin up Sudbury on the Assualt. Congrats!

^^^hahahaha! Congrats soup! Enjoy it buddy!

Trust me my little black cloud is not far away.

Picture is from Friday morning.

20190222_084831.jpg

1 hour ago, soupkids said:

I'm not telling

Of course it was, you always make the news.

Congrats to you and the family!

Reading this and seeing that it is from you, Mr Black Cloud, sure is a thing of beauty!

Agreed, if you have not, look into getting all your debt paid off & things right in your life, the toys will always be there....you always hear those not so good stories when people run into money and the not so good choices they make.

:cheers:

Happy for you Soup!

See you bought sleds with full tunnels. Should be much easier to extricate from your misadventures..lol..

Not trying to sound like an old woman but if you won that kind of scratch, get in touch with a reputable financial advisor and get that money working so it lasts you the rest of your life.   Pay off your debt and invest the rest.   Buy your toys with the income from the investments but dont touch the principal.   

You hear way too many stories about people who win the lottery and are broke 5 years later.   

1 hour ago, scottyr said:

Not trying to sound like an old woman but if you won that kind of scratch, get in touch with a reputable financial advisor and get that money working so it lasts you the rest of your life.   Pay off your debt and invest the rest.   Buy your toys with the income from the investments but dont touch the principal.   

You hear way too many stories about people who win the lottery and are broke 5 years later.   

What scottyr said. Do a lot of inquiries. I found a good financial advisor but I am finding out that the company he works with, not so much. Once they get their meat hooks on your money, a lot of them are as trustworthy as the government and we all know where that goes.

Look into skyline real estate. They deal with residential, commercial and industrial. If they are accepting money, put it there! Usually between 7-10% interest depending on the risk and category your in, and they’ll send you a cheque every month. But I believe your current assets have to be worth a certain amount and you will also have to put a minimum of $150k into. I think that’s the new “buy in” number. My dad just invested a lot of money with them into the commercial category. I think he’s getting 7 or 8% return. Gets a cheque every month that pays for his new cottage. Now, he could’ve paid for the cottage and had no mortgage, but why do that when you can make payments and still come out ahead? In reality he’s getting around a 5% return from skyline as he has to pay out around 3% on his mortgage. He’s still ahead. 

Like I say, look into it. These guys started the business at a very young age and my grandfather was the only one that would give them a loan at the time. My grandfather has been dealing with them since they started skyline. 

They send you a cheque every every month and you don’t have to turn a damn light bulb! If I had the money and they were accepting money, that’s where my money would be sitting!

27 minutes ago, Baylaker said:

Look into skyline real estate. They deal with residential, commercial and industrial. If they are accepting money, put it there! Usually between 7-10% interest depending on the risk and category your in, and they’ll send you a cheque every month. But I believe your current assets have to be worth a certain amount and you will also have to put a minimum of $150k into. I think that’s the new “buy in” number. My dad just invested a lot of money with them into the commercial category. I think he’s getting 7 or 8% return. Gets a cheque every month that pays for his new cottage. Now, he could’ve paid for the cottage and had no mortgage, but why do that when you can make payments and still come out ahead? In reality he’s getting around a 5% return from skyline as he has to pay out around 3% on his mortgage. He’s still ahead. 

Like I say, look into it. These guys started the business at a very young age and my grandfather was the only one that would give them a loan at the time. My grandfather has been dealing with them since they started skyline. 

They send you a cheque every every month and you don’t have to turn a damn light bulb! If I had the money and they were accepting money, that’s where my money would be sitting!

That's who I have my cottage money invested with,  Skyline Retail REIT and Commercial REIT.  I was gonna suggest the same for Soup to at least take a look at, also it's 50k for accredited investors.  

Also no financial advisor will suggest  a company like Skyline since they get didly squat from them and no financial advisor will get you those returns or anywhere close.  The distributions are return of capital and with the increase per share, those both have averaged over 10% with zero stock market exposure.

Congrats Soup.

https://skylinewealth.ca/investment-products/skyline-retail-reit/

Archived