24hr Guinness World Record- Lake Muskoka

Steve F6

I hope they can do it! I'll be there. Feel free to post more info. Track is 7.828 kms around the perimeter. https://secure.e2rm.com/registrant/mobile/MobileDonate.aspx?eventid=234360&langpref=en-CA&SPID=0&Referrer=http%3a%2f%2fm.facebook.com%2f

790A586A-E783-46DD-807A-A7EBEF27BFDF.png

On 2/22/2019 at 8:07 AM, Steve F6 said:

I hope they can do it! I'll be there. Feel free to post more info. Track is 7.828 kms around the perimeter. https://secure.e2rm.com/registrant/mobile/MobileDonate.aspx?eventid=234360&langpref=en-CA&SPID=0&Referrer=http%3a%2f%2fm.facebook.com%2f

790A586A-E783-46DD-807A-A7EBEF27BFDF.png

Is this a go or postponed?

Just reading on the facebook group that the starting time has been delayed due to high winds. 

Public group on facebook-

Guinness World Record of "Snowmobile - greatest distance 24 hours (team)"

They had a very flat course due to repeated passes with a sled and small drag. I hope it hasn't been wrecked by drifting.

With the high winds today I will surprised if they start today.

31 minutes ago, Nunz said:

With the high winds today I will surprised if they start today.

I'd be surprised if anyone can get there. Visibility is zero. Hwy 400 N closed at 12.

Here's the update as posted on the facebook group.

Unfortunately, the weather conditions have forced the team to make some hard decisions. 

The strong winds are still whipping across the lake and causing visibility issues, which would be incredibly dangerous with a ride like this. They also need a few hours to set up all the tents on the ice (needed for pit stops, time hut and volunteer station), which is impossible to do in these conditions. 

They are working hard to figure out a new game plan, but as of right now, it is looking like the soonest it can take place is tomorrow morning.  

With this comes the need for your HELP!  Due to the change in plans, many volunteers who were gracious to donate their time today, are not able to do so tomorrow or Wednesday. With the strict rules for Guinness, many volunteers are needed. If you or someone you know are available to help at all for any time throughout the next couple days, please contact me! 

Please share!!

The team is out trying to get things prepared as much as they can in the conditions. Clearly they won’t be riding until it’s safe and their estimated go time is planned for sometime tomorrow morning. They have a lot of prep to do before they can actually ride, which they haven’t been able to do in these conditions. I’ll update once they confirm a time!

Some guy from New York attempted to break the same record on Friday. He had a 31 mile track on the St Lawrence. He made it 349 miles with an average speed of 84 mph before the track blew apart.

That's quote an average speed! Thanks for the info. Good luck, Team Canada.

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Some guy from New York attempted to break the same record on Friday. He had a 31 mile track on the St Lawrence. He made it 349 miles with an average speed of 84 mph before the track blew apart.

Wow.....  that does not seem to be the same parameters???  A 31 mile track or loop compared to a 7 km trail.  I know that if I had a 31 mile loop my speed would be way better than on a 7 km loop.

They were running 5 min. ahead of the record a couple of hours ago/had gone thru 3 belts in 5 hrs.-lake is pretty smooth!

21 hours ago, Steph J said:

Perhaps the New Yorker was trying for the individual record. This is the record the team is trying to beat.

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/snowmobile-greatest-distance-in-24-hours-(team)

Yes, individual record which is 1907 miles.

22 hours ago, gobills said:

Wow.....  that does not seem to be the same parameters???  A 31 mile track or loop compared to a 7 km trail.  I know that if I had a 31 mile loop my speed would be way better than on a 7 km loop.

I don't think there are any fixed dimensions for the track. And I agree, less time in the corners on the bigger track would be a big advantage so why wouldn't ya go big.

The previous records were set on 10 and 11 km tracks.

This was from a post on Dootalk.

Guinness Book of World Record 24 hour Endurance Run is presently 1907 miles by an individual in 24 hours. This Friday, February 22nd, Greg Pepe of Clayton NY will attempt to break that record on a SkiDoo 900T. This will start at 11:00AM at Northern Marina in Clayton NY. The surveyed track is 31.0 miles in length and goes to Cape Vincent and back via the St Lawrence River.

18 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, individual record which is 1907 miles.

I don't think there are any fixed dimensions for the track. And I agree, less time in the corners on the bigger track would be a big advantage so why wouldn't ya go big.

The previous records were set on 10 and 11 km tracks.

This was from a post on Dootalk.

Guinness Book of World Record 24 hour Endurance Run is presently 1907 miles by an individual in 24 hours. This Friday, February 22nd, Greg Pepe of Clayton NY will attempt to break that record on a SkiDoo 900T. This will start at 11:00AM at Northern Marina in Clayton NY. The surveyed track is 31.0 miles in length and goes to Cape Vincent and back via the St Lawrence River.

Their track is just under 5 mi.-somewhat oval/circular/each rider running 13 laps/3 min. per lap-around 140 k. in corners/170 on straighter parts!

15 hours ago, Muskoka1 said:

Their track is just under 5 mi.-somewhat oval/circular/each rider running 13 laps/3 min. per lap-around 140 k. in corners/170 on straighter parts!

They did it-new world record/had to change machines @ 2 in the A.M.!

They beat it by 47km 

38 minutes ago, catinental couch said:

Worn out Yamaha????? :icon_tinykitball:

800 Potato Digger[Polaris] wore out the drivers @ 2 A.M./switched over to new 850 Potato Digger [Polaris]-finished it off!

I think the 800 blew 8 belts and the 850 ate just 1 belt. They were super fast changing them out. It was really exciting to watch! Truly was an amazing feat! Here's a pic of the drives on the 800 after 16 hours of WOT.

541106D8-5DDE-4EEA-B183-577A35A08036.png

FDDA2A24-79C0-4117-8419-771B7904AD7F.png

Archived