195 charges laid this past weekend in Eastern Ontario

Yukon

11 minutes ago, gtserider said:

Hoo the hell hell goes to Service Ontario anymore. Hell it's 40 minutes away and the gail is only average.If you can navigate a snowmobile forum you can do it online in 2 minutes. But you have to put your own white sticker on the ownership.haha.

I usually wait until the very last minute, because I am a guy, so I need the stickers now.....so I drive 5, maybe 10 minutes down the road, might have to wait in line a couple of minutes & collect my stickers.....grab a coffee while I am out too!

17 minutes ago, gtserider said:

Hoo the hell hell goes to Service Ontario anymore. Hell it's 40 minutes away and the gail is only average.If you can navigate a snowmobile forum you can do it online in 2 minutes. But you have to put your own white sticker on the ownership.haha.

I guess when you live in the boonies on line is a better bet.

7 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I guess when you live in the boonies on line is a better bet.

A few of the private businesses that have the licensing bureau as a sideline would appreciate the business - whenever I can, I go to the one in Mactier - open Saturday mornings, 9-12 for your convenience and never a line up.

mactier01.jpg.c9f5c8a0eb1bce8a671c037e458a00c5.jpg

I guess with their street address would be the logical spot for one of those pot dispensaries as well....

1 hour ago, slomo said:

A few of the private businesses that have the licensing bureau as a sideline would appreciate the business - whenever I can, I go to the one in Mactier - open Saturday mornings, 9-12 for your convenience and never a line up.

I guess with their street address would be the logical spot for one of those pot dispensaries as well....

really nice people too 

2 hours ago, slomo said:

I agree Slomo. The Service Ontario office in Elmira is 10 minutes away from our place and I think the longest line up I've ever been in there was 3 people. LOL

13 hours ago, gtserider said:

I go to the mall which has Service Ontario in it regularly to shop. I stop in at the Service Ontario office with the form they send me in the mail and get all my stickers in just a few minutes.

This was on the local MuskokaRegion.com website today. It is  good when the OPP tries to warn offenders of the consequences of off trail riding and re-interate the implications, personally I would like to see impoundment of the sled when possible with the offender footing the bill for towing and the fines. Somehow the offenders have to understand the consequences of there deliberate actions.

BRACEBRIDGE — Heading into the last weekend of February, the OPP reminds snowmobilers to be safe and ride responsibility. 

The OPP reminds snowmobilers to respect communities and landowners. The trail system in Muskoka is dependent on the generous nature of the landowners who voluntarily allow portions of their property to be used for the purpose of snowmobile trails. Stay on the marked trails, these landowners are NOT inviting everyone to ride freely through their yards, fields and forests, nor are they permitting use of their land for any other purpose.

The immediate consequence for venturing off-trail on private property is a charge under the Trespass to Property Act, charges of Mischief under the Criminal Code could ensue for any damages to property. The long term consequences are landowners withdrawing their permission to use the land and ultimately the demise of the snowmobile trail system. Further, police remind trail users to stay on the trail. Trail closures in the Muskoka area are a direct result of riders not respecting landowners. Considering the geography of our area, any trail closure causes severe obstructions to ones ability to travel from town to town. 

Archived