Sauble Beach

volunteer2

South of 21 is best described as hit and miss, wind blown fields and scratchy roads. This weekend will kill sledding s/of 21. Chesley west is closed, open last weekend and the trespassers killed it,  dead. Permission gone, don't come back. Friend rode Wiarton north to the Tub, Wiarton to Ferndale was best not described but north of that great riding conditions. We're riding a fine line here.

Thanks as well.  Ya it's just unbelievable that D9 is not getting the snow like the past. Always said that if we don't get snow in D5  at least D9 is a short trailer ride. Still trying to figure if Durham may be worth a try. A buddy is to call me. He lives there. 

49 minutes ago, volunteer2 said:

Thanks as well.  Ya it's just unbelievable that D9 is not getting the snow like the past. Always said that if we don't get snow in D5  at least D9 is a short trailer ride. Still trying to figure if Durham may be worth a try. A buddy is to call me. He lives there. 

Durham Club posted on Facebook that the groomer has been out the last 2 nights and would be out again tonight but expect that to be the last until cold temps return. They said limited snow but making the best of it.

With the sun the last couple days, I would think the road sections are toast. I was planning to head out tomorrow but the freezing rain is now forecast to start around noon and continue through the afternoon.

16 hours ago, Faceman said:

South of 21 is best described as hit and miss, wind blown fields and scratchy roads. This weekend will kill sledding s/of 21. Chesley west is closed, open last weekend and the trespassers killed it,  dead. Permission gone, don't come back. Friend rode Wiarton north to the Tub, Wiarton to Ferndale was best not described but north of that great riding conditions. We're riding a fine line here.

I didn't get south of Miller lake, but as your friend said, that area was great. Lots of snow and the trail was holding up very well. For the most part, riders seemed to be very well behaved. We rode up to the Tub on Sunday from Little Eagle Harbour, a great low paced ride.

Sauble and Port Elgin is showing closed now. I fail to see how todays weather would have made a difference in conditions.

Anyone know why its red?

Hanover Neustadt closed their trails too.

20 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Sauble and Port Elgin is showing closed now. I fail to see how todays weather would have made a difference in conditions.

Anyone know why its red?

Hanover Neustadt closed their trails too.

It's Thursday... if they don't update their trail status on Thursday the default is red. Check again tomorrow.

Just now, 02Sled said:

It's Thursday... if they don't update their trail status on Thursday the default is red. Check again tomorrow.

This is what I'm thinking.

TWN says 5 for Saturday, 7 for Sunday and 15 mm of rain. That trail base hag better be 2 feet thick if they hope to save it.

I have plans to run from Chesley up to Hepworth and over to Sauble tomorrow.

12 minutes ago, IQ TURBO said:

Preserve what they have.. being proactive...

Let the people ride, Sunday will kill them..

5 minutes ago, Yukon Cornelious said:

Let the people ride, Sunday will kill them..

No snow man. Landowners already pissed. We should not be grooming or riding. Chesley opened Sat and closed the west on Sunday night due to revoked permission. 

4 minutes ago, Faceman said:

No snow man. Landowners already pissed. We should not be grooming or riding. Chesley opened Sat and closed the west on Sunday night due to revoked permission. 

If that is the case then of course. 

25 minutes ago, Faceman said:

I did see that the small stretch from Paisley to Chesley had closed the other day.  The rest of Chesley still shows Limited.

Guess I'll detour east towards Owen Sound then.

Archived