Pointe au Baril to Parry Sound

04nightfire

Has anyone done the run from Pointe au Baril to Parry Sound on Georgian Bay.  I had a friend ask me if I knew anyone who has done it so I thought I would ask here.

35 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

Has anyone done the run from Pointe au Baril to Parry Sound on Georgian Bay.  I had a friend ask me if I knew anyone who has done it so I thought I would ask here.

One of our friends and her husband rode Port Severn to Parry sound this past weekend.

18 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

One of our friends and her husband rode Port Severn to Parry sound this past weekend.

There's a group of guys that want to do the run but they aren't 100 percent sure of the route down from Pointe au Baril on the bay

4 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

There's a group of guys that want to do the run but they aren't 100 percent sure of the route down from Pointe au Baril on the bay

I don't know it either but a firm believer of if you don't know don't go

Did that run on the weekend. All good if you have local knowledge. Do not follow the boat channel into / out of Pointe au Barril or Parry Sound. I'm sure you know that. Seen some tracks heading to Squaw Channel so that's a good sign but didn't go there. Also

running Shebeshekong Channel , marked small craft route west of Long Bay. Another good sign as normally that's a no no.

RW

X2 on Running Wild post..

you need local knowledge and definitely stay away from the boat channel as it’s well over 200 + feet in the PS bay. 

Most of the spring summer n fall I fish out of the sound right out to Georgian bay and I wouldn’t attempt sledding out there unless I’m with someone who knows the route like RW..

13 minutes ago, catinental couch said:

There is a pile of sled tracks on the Big Sound but most of them appear to be running the shoreline.

Yes there are plenty of sleds running the bay, I was on the bay a few week ago, took a quick run from the salt dock to the hole in the wall and toward killbear,  the tricky part is once you get out past killbear into the channels as there is lots of islands and currents. 

1 hour ago, Fabio said:

Yes there are plenty of sleds running the bay, I was on the bay a few week ago, took a quick run from the salt dock to the hole in the wall and toward killbear,  the tricky part is once you get out past killbear into the channels as there is lots of islands and currents. 

And if the wind comes up they change over night I Know some of the locals are running it,but on an open forum we shouldn't be saying yes or no.

1 hour ago, gtserider said:

And if the wind comes up they change over night I Know some of the locals are running it,but on an open forum we shouldn't be saying yes or no.

been there skipped that by surprise eh canuck 

Archived