What's with all the Red?

tricky

Anybody know why 4000 km of trail have turned "RED" overnight on the ITG? All of the Sudbury trail plan, lots of Near North, some north Parry Sound are red this AM, just as I am heading out the door to do the RAN. 

1 minute ago, tricky said:

Anybody know why 4000 km of trail have turned "RED" overnight on the ITG? All of the Sudbury trail plan, lots of Near North, some north Parry Sound are red this AM, just as I am heading out the door to do the RAN. 

I was just wondering the same thing. Hubby thinks it might be because nobody updated their district ITG on (mandatory) reporting day, Monday. In the past, the ITG would default to "gray", if reports weren't processed. Apparently now it defaults straight to "Unavailable".

It was a little jarring to see, that's for sure.

Thanks for the responses. We too have decided its an error and are heading north now.

Fresh from FB:

You may have noticed all the red trails this morning. If the OFSC doesn’t receive trail updates on Mon or Thurs they automatically turn them red. Due to the stat holiday we missed updating them. All clubs in the district are reporting to the district to get things updated ASAP. Keep a look out for the changes. The only CLOSED TRAIL WE HAVE IS NB 302 
Thanks for your patience

I don,t have a smart phone, and I don,t do facebook. If the gates are open, I,m going sledding, if I had made plans to travel with a group a few days ago, I,m not letting non reporting by anyone mess up my plans, and previous reservations. How many sledders are going to stay off the trails, because they have defaulted to red, because someone hasn,t updated there status ?

7 minutes ago, FROSTYNUTZ said:

I don,t have a smart phone, and I don,t do facebook. If the gates are open, I,m going sledding, if I had made plans to travel with a group a few days ago, I,m not letting non reporting by anyone mess up my plans, and previous reservations. How many sledders are going to stay off the trails, because they have defaulted to red, because someone hasn,t updated there status ?

You obviously have a computer so check before you go out. In the above case and given the holiday yesterday the reason was pretty easy to figure out. Gates open don't necessarily mean trails are open.

Better now....looks like they finally got Lake Superior and Lake Michigan staked...skidooboy and ac/ya are probably riding it as we speak. Be careful on Mackinac Island fellas...no motorized vehicles allowed.

761913290_stakedlakes.thumb.jpg.96e8600807d4a9adc78736a2eea37233.jpg

3 hours ago, Claire Voyant said:

I was just wondering the same thing. Hubby thinks it might be because nobody updated their district ITG on (mandatory) reporting day, Monday. In the past, the ITG would default to "gray", if reports weren't processed. Apparently now it defaults straight to "Unavailable".

It was a little jarring to see, that's for sure.

That is probably exactly why. Got caught off schedule due to the long weekend

Still a fault in the system, there is no way the trails should default to Red because a District didn’t or wasn’t able to confirm their trail status on a Monday or Thursday or whenever.

That is simply stupid and creates an uproar amongst users for absolutely no good reason.

12 minutes ago, bbakernbay said:

Still a fault in the system, there is no way the trails should default to Red because a District didn’t or wasn’t able to confirm their trail status on a Monday or Thursday or whenever.

That is simply stupid and creates an uproar amongst users for absolutely no good reason.

Might not be what you want to hear but:

It's all about Risk Management and protecting club directors and volunteers. Every other district was able to complete the Monday update, holiday or not. 

1 hour ago, Claire Voyant said:

Might not be what you want to hear but:

It's all about Risk Management and protecting club directors and volunteers. Every other district was able to complete the Monday update, holiday or not. 

At least 2 Districts according to this screenshot, NNTA and STP.  Maybe more but I didn’t check ITG this a.m.

Also not 100% of trails in each District didn’t go Red?  Why would that happen?

I wonder if OFSC sent out a reminder to Districts advising Family Day Holiday Monday update required or your trails revert to Red.

0345DB9B-950B-4C0B-934D-71C80489D906.png

7 hours ago, slomo said:

Better now....looks like they finally got Lake Superior and Lake Michigan staked...skidooboy and ac/ya are probably riding it as we speak. Be careful on Mackinac Island fellas...no motorized vehicles allowed.

Be careful of the salt ships which are still running from Sifto Salt in Goderich to Chicago and points north in Lake Michigan.

8 hours ago, slomo said:

So sign of them on Superior as we approached Wawa.

Archived