2020 Ski-Doo's

Irv

and I have heard the exact opposite.

Read an article in a trade mag not so long ago, that Yamaha was working on a deal to buy the snowmobile division of Textron!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2019 at 3:40 PM, snowchopper said:

I will be buying a new Doo but man are those new colors fugly...Guess mine will be boring black....

What you don't like Manta Green?

Looks like the 900 NA is gone in a 'sporty' sled as is the Blizzard. Glad I bought in '18.

For the TNT you have these colour choices:

865686635_2020MXZTNTYellow.JPG.46ebdd409e8a3f6e7e6cd457154ebd15.JPG

675406239_MXZTNTBlack.JPG.8cb27220880eda0cd60c66d346b528ad.JPG

Why not have black w/ the graphics in 'traditional' yellow? Charcoal on black & you may as well not have any graphics. Yes I've seen all black XRS sleds & they don't impress me.

Saw 4 XS chassis versions on the trails today on the drive home. Spotted @ least 1 Gen 4 Blizzard while riding.

• Like 1

On 2/21/2019 at 10:57 AM, Bigfish said:

and I have heard the exact opposite.

Read an article in a trade mag not so long ago, that Yamaha was working on a deal to buy the snowmobile division of Textron!

I've heard the same.  A friend of mine is intertwined pretty good with the sled industry and he told me Yamaha has thrown a number at Textron a few times to buy it.  He also said that yammy has a 900 2 stroke but they don't quite have it running up to Yamaha standards. 

18 minutes ago, snowchopper said:

What don't you like about if?

Just not my cup of tea.  I miss the fun factor of a 2 stroke and I am a polaris guy at heart.  I went on a whim and decided to try it.  It has a nice ride but the sled just doesn't seem to fit me like my axys did.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

Just not my cup of tea.  I miss the fun factor of a 2 stroke and I am a polaris guy at heart.  I went on a whim and decided to try it.  It has a nice ride but the sled just doesn't seem to fit me like my axys did.

Polaris is offering lots of nice colors for 2020 and led headlights..

33 minutes ago, snowchopper said:

Polaris is offering lots of nice colors for 2020 and led headlights..

Would be nice if DOO had factory LED headlights.  Stock ones suck

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

Would be nice if DOO had factory LED headlights.  Stock ones suck

They offer plenty of add-on LED lighting for a small fortune.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, AC+YA said:

They offer plenty of add-on LED lighting for a small fortune.

They do.  Would be nice if they had LED ones like polaris does.  I was going to add on one light but after 2200 km's I've decided to part ways with the sled

9 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

They do.  Would be nice if they had LED ones like polaris does.  I was going to add on one light but after 2200 km's I've decided to part ways with the sled

I understand because both of my new Cat’s have  factory LED Lighting and you don’t need anything more. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, revrnd said:

Looks like the 900 NA is gone in a 'sporty' sled as is the Blizzard. Glad I bought in '18.

For the TNT you have these colour choices:

865686635_2020MXZTNTYellow.JPG.46ebdd409e8a3f6e7e6cd457154ebd15.JPG

675406239_MXZTNTBlack.JPG.8cb27220880eda0cd60c66d346b528ad.JPG

Why not have black w/ the graphics in 'traditional' yellow? Charcoal on black & you may as well not have any graphics. Yes I've seen all black XRS sleds & they don't impress me.

Saw 4 XS chassis versions on the trails today on the drive home. Spotted @ least 1 Gen 4 Blizzard while riding.

Yup... only 2 strokes in shortys(129's) and 4 strokes in rene's(137's). Must have something to do with cooling efficiency and limiting /reducing build models.

Edited by snowchopper

4 hours ago, 04nightfire said:

On Weds' we met a couple of Poos that @ 1st glimpse it looked like they were riding w/ no lights. As soon as the sleds were on the level you could see the lights were on, but not all that bright (low beams possibly). They looked like projector bulbs or something different.

On 3/8/2019 at 4:25 PM, snowchopper said:

Yup... only 2 strokes in shortys(129's) and 4 strokes in rene's(137's). Must have something to do with cooling efficiency and limiting /reducing build models.

I'm thinking it's more the latter...

• Like 1

On 3/8/2019 at 7:19 PM, revrnd said:

On Weds' we met a couple of Poos that @ 1st glimpse it looked like they were riding w/ no lights. As soon as the sleds were on the level you could see the lights were on, but not all that bright (low beams possibly). They looked like projector bulbs or something different.

My 17 POO had LED headlights and worked really well.  I guess I am just use to those compared to the 900T

On 3/8/2019 at 3:15 PM, 04nightfire said:

LED bulbs require a redesigned reflector to match.  You can throw bulbs at a sled but they just don't reflect the same because the geometry is now different because of the placement of the LED elements on the mount, as compared to the filaments in a bulb.  So they don't reflect in the same direction as the OEM bulb.  If you want better lighting than stock (maybe too late in your case) a set of Zenon bulbs with a different intensity (but same actual wattage to prevent wiring failure) might help greatly. 

My XS chassis sled illuminates incredibly well with the stock bulbs, BUT THEY MUST BE ADJUSTED PROPERLY UNDER ACTUAL RIDING CONDITIONS to be useful.  I do plenty of evening rides, so I set up the sled and lights for that purpose.  My favorite rides are in the dark.  I might upgrade to Zenon bulbs next season, they helped significantly in my pickup, especially in adverse weather (rain, snow).

26 minutes ago, Denis007 said:

LED bulbs require a redesigned reflector to match.  You can throw bulbs at a sled but they just don't reflect the same because the geometry is now different because of the placement of the LED elements on the mount, as compared to the filaments in a bulb.  So they don't reflect in the same direction as the OEM bulb.  If you want better lighting than stock (maybe too late in your case) a set of Zenon bulbs with a different intensity (but same actual wattage to prevent wiring failure) might help greatly. 

My XS chassis sled illuminates incredibly well with the stock bulbs, BUT THEY MUST BE ADJUSTED PROPERLY UNDER ACTUAL RIDING CONDITIONS to be useful.  I do plenty of evening rides, so I set up the sled and lights for that purpose.  My favorite rides are in the dark.  I might upgrade to Zenon bulbs next season, they helped significantly in my pickup, especially in adverse weather (rain, snow).

I'm on the hunt for a different bulb now but there are so many different ones that guys are trying right now.  Trying to watch on dootalk to see which get the best reviews.  I'll procrastinate long enough and end up not getting any.

14 minutes ago, Denis007 said:

I might upgrade to Zenon bulbs next season, they helped significantly in my pickup, especially in adverse weather (rain, snow).

How long do those bulbs last ?  I found expensive Silverstar were done in 6 months so I went back to a standard halogen in my car.  I used higher wattage bulbs in my old T-Cat. (3 separate bulbs) They are still burning but I have not rode at night for years.

• 2 weeks later...

Talked to Larry at Giesler Marine on friday. He said the Manta Green was a very popular color for the spring check.:barf:  Still can't wrap my head around that color choice but i guess i'am not 20 something years old any more.

• Thanks 1

On 3/10/2019 at 7:39 AM, IQ TURBO said:

Talking to Evils hubby last night, and some other fine folks, i am more confused about what to snow check then ever before...:huh:

Team Green

On 3/11/2019 at 9:39 AM, Denis007 said:

Putting Xenon bulbs in a reflective housing scatters the light and blinds oncoming sleds. I have them in my sled but have them only for high beams. They are very bright and the light shoots everywhere. if used in the low beams in a reflector housing you will be endangering yourself and others.