Muskoka Magic Tour

02Sled

On the D7 map there is a 125 km loop called Muskoka Magic that loops lake Muskoka with a few options for starting points. I thought it's one my wife might enjoy. The key question is how much road running is there. She hates going into Bala because of the intersection near the Kee, the lack of snow to steer and the amount of traffic. If there's a bunch of similar to that she won't enjoy it.

C102D through Port Carling is a pinball game. Up and down roadside snowbanks, a few street crossings, and potential for road rash - - unless snow conditions are good. (Sort of like the trail through the core of Penetang, but trickier.)  

Any sledder who navigates Port Carling without missing a turn gets a prize. The biggest award goes to the MLSTA, for threading and maintaining a trail through a constantly changing urban core with a patchwork of physical and landowner challenges.

The route is harder to follow on midweek mornings, after a snowfall. Likely easier on a weekend, when there are sled tracks to follow. You get a smaller prize for that, as locals consider it cheating.

I would probably ride the route with my wife, but I'd keep a close watch in case I had to help swing the back end of her sled on some pavement, or help her over a bank or two. Not sure how adventurous your wife is as a sledder.

02Sled, let me know if you want to do a trial run some time, so you can assess the route. Or I'd be happy to ride along with both of you, if that would work. 

Now closed between Brandy and Silver lake. From reading the few level headed comments online it seems to be people coming off lk rosseau causing the issue. Gotta be a better way to get people off the lake and onto the trail without ticking people off.  Now the trails closed. Why not try and use lake Rosseau as the reroute and go right around the port carling road run. Seems silly to not have an access point for the folks on Rosseau. Thats alot of permit dollars on that lake up for grabs for the clubs and no staked lake trail on rosseau or access point to any of the area trails. Why is that? Lots of sled tracks on the satellite map showing where the problem area is. I hope they get it sorted out soon. 

2D890131-2045-4CFF-B0C3-C14D9A3C3A6F.png

Archived