No respect!

Poo Man

1 hour ago, zoso said:

Several fields here are marked seeded and not a single track on them.  Nothing more than a sign. Perhaps it is because the local kids are farm kids.:wtf:

Right there says it all!

Farm kids/life have a totally different up bringing. 

4 hours ago, stoney said:

Anyone know if there is a layer of snow on the crop, how much damage is actually done to the crop?

And what is the amount that the club pays for crop damage?

Winter wheat remains in its vegatative state through the winter under the snows protection and resumes growing in the spring. Regardless of how much it costs to replace, it a cost clubs need to do without. Some clubs can alternate trails to different fields and avoid the problem, some clubs can't. This is where respecting the Landowner/Farmer comes into play, his cash crop, his bread and butter...

59 minutes ago, Yukon Cornelious said:

Winter wheat remains in its vegatative state through the winter under the snows protection and resumes growing in the spring. Regardless of how much it costs to replace, it a cost clubs need to do without. Some clubs can alternate trails to different fields and avoid the problem, some clubs can't. This is where respecting the Landowner/Farmer comes into play, his cash crop, his bread and butter...

Agreed 110% that this cost for crop damage is best kept with the club vs. paying for damage caused by a few hooligans.

I was just wondering what the cost associated with these behaviours was to a club.....I imagine it will depend on the extent of the damage (which is why I was wondering if the blanket of snow helps out in that category) and if the farmer is looking for that replacement, which should not be a topic that should come up, but sadly does?

Stoney Lake is dealing w/ azzhats that cant read the signage & are ripping up a field along E107 near Apsley. :mad:

No crops but just the same, stay on the effing trail!

The damage won't be know until later. May not kill the plants that are under the tracks, but maturity may be delayed, and or full yield potential losses.

I did have a picture on my phone of a winter wheat field the A trail crosses near here. Picture is gone,so was the wheat, but it looked like the trail was open all summer, it was dust and weeds. 

I see it around here on the CHSC and HDSC trails, people off into the fields where signs indicate them to stay on path. Most show respect around here but many don't.

Archived