Help needed in whitney

infernobuster

3 minutes ago, revrnd said:

I wonder what their reasoning is?

Yea as long as it's registered and current sticker it's a vehicle. I understand it needing to be at a road but that should be the only issue.

From CAA

Vehicles Eligible for Coverage Include:

• Valid licensed, 4-wheeled, motor-driven vehicles (cars, pickups, vans, campers and motorhomes)
  • Motorcycles with or without sidecars (with Plus Membership)
  • Dual wheel trucks are eligible for all services except tire service with Basic and Plus Membership. (Tire service is only available with a Plus RV Membership.)
  • Rented passenger and commercial vehicles (excluding taxis and limousines). Certain limitations may apply and will be determined at the time of service.
  • Dual wheel licensed motorhomes, campers, fifth-wheel trailers, and the following types of trailers: travel, unloaded horse, snowmobile, utility and boat (eligible for towing, extrication and tire service with Plus RV Membership; light service can be provided with Basic Membership)

8 hours ago, revrnd said:

I wonder what their reasoning is?

They said it was because it was not a road worthy vehicle.   but the person did mention they did bicycles as an exception.  

8 hours ago, bbakernbay said:

From CAA

Vehicles Eligible for Coverage Include:

• Valid licensed, 4-wheeled, motor-driven vehicles (cars, pickups, vans, campers and motorhomes)
  • Motorcycles with or without sidecars (with Plus Membership)
  • Dual wheel trucks are eligible for all services except tire service with Basic and Plus Membership. (Tire service is only available with a Plus RV Membership.)
  • Rented passenger and commercial vehicles (excluding taxis and limousines). Certain limitations may apply and will be determined at the time of service.
  • Dual wheel licensed motorhomes, campers, fifth-wheel trailers, and the following types of trailers: travel, unloaded horse, snowmobile, utility and boat (eligible for towing, extrication and tire service with Plus RV Membership; light service can be provided with Basic Membership)

This only says that it will tow your snowmobile trailer, as far as i read it, not your sled alone....

Also did notice the below PLEASE NOTE: North and east ontario membership does not cover select vehicles including pick-up trucks??????

2A CAA North & East Membership covers select vehicles only. Classic Membership covers bicycles and valid licensed cars, pickups and vans. A CAA Plus and Premier Membership covers bicycles, valid licensed cars, pickups, vans and motorcycles. Dual-wheel trucks are eligible for all services except Flat-Tire service with Classic and Plus Membership. With rented passenger and commercial vehicles certain limitations may apply, and will be determined at the time of service. Please note: a CAA North & East Ontario Membership does not cover select vehicles, including (but not limited to): modified or not-from-stock vehicles, such as certain body kits, raised suspensions with oversized tires, plow blades and/or salt spreaders, flatbeds or tilt, and loads; any vehicle that is part of a working fleet (defined as business- or broker-owned vehicle used to conduct work); vehicles over one ton in designation (this does not include trailers or RVs that are covered under CAA Plus RV or Plus RV Membership classifications); cube vans and other large commercial designated vehicles; taxis, limousines, or vehicles-for-hire; and loaded vehicles, including vans of all designations and pick-up trucks.

Sort of applicable to the topic - attached find a list of taxi companies from as many locales in Ontario as I could find. Stored on a phone, if you can make it to a road and have cell service, call a cab.

ontario taxies.docx

unformatted text version:

ontario taxis.txt

If you have any to add or find some no longer in business, please post. Have not got any from Thunder Bay to Kenora area - will add later.

2 hours ago, snowman said:

This only says that it will tow your snowmobile trailer, as far as i read it, not your sled alone....

Also did notice the below PLEASE NOTE: North and east ontario membership does not cover select vehicles including pick-up trucks??????

2A CAA North & East Membership covers select vehicles only. Classic Membership covers bicycles and valid licensed cars, pickups and vans. A CAA Plus and Premier Membership covers bicycles, valid licensed cars, pickups, vans and motorcycles. Dual-wheel trucks are eligible for all services except Flat-Tire service with Classic and Plus Membership. With rented passenger and commercial vehicles certain limitations may apply, and will be determined at the time of service. Please note: a CAA North & East Ontario Membership does not cover select vehicles, including (but not limited to): modified or not-from-stock vehicles, such as certain body kits, raised suspensions with oversized tires, plow blades and/or salt spreaders, flatbeds or tilt, and loads; any vehicle that is part of a working fleet (defined as business- or broker-owned vehicle used to conduct work); vehicles over one ton in designation (this does not include trailers or RVs that are covered under CAA Plus RV or Plus RV Membership classifications); cube vans and other large commercial designated vehicles; taxis, limousines, or vehicles-for-hire; and loaded vehicles, including vans of all designations and pick-up trucks.

Goodness knows that grammar wasn't high on my list of things to learn at school (or most other subjects for that matter) but as I read the highlighted area, I take it that they are referring to loaded pickups only. Not sure what the definition of a loaded pickup is.

The CAA wouldn’t tow my snowmobile trailer which has hitched to my van when transmission failed on Highway 11 near Sundridge.  I had to pay separately for towing trailer.

Where does it say that a trailer is eligible for towing unless you have the RV package?

Archived