Help needed in whitney

infernobuster

Anyone able with truck/ trailer to pick up a sled that’s been in an accident? 

In Whitney.. 

delivered back to Peterborough area?

txt me 416 970 4060

Text sent. He's getting help.

On 2/13/2019 at 2:57 PM, revrnd said:

Thanks for reaching out.

Really didnt know what to do since CAA wouldnt tow me.

Signfan, thanks for the recommendation.

1 hour ago, infernobuster said:

Thanks for reaching out.

It took 2 different vehicles (2nd the husband of lady in front desk) to get to Timmins.

I think you have to get creative to use CAA. I had my sled hauled from Wawa to Chapleau. Dealt w/ driver directly. Call was 'leaking transmission fluid in new truck...'

2 minutes ago, revrnd said:

I think you have to get creative to use CAA. I had my sled hauled from Wawa to Chapleau. Dealt w/ driver directly. Call was 'leaking transmission fluid in new truck...'

In Quebec used CAA twice for tows of 100 k.+ each time-they said they'd sent sleds across the country creatively!

11 hours ago, infernobuster said:

Thanks for reaching out.

Don't say sled, use vehicle.

10 hours ago, revrnd said:

It took 2 different vehicles (2nd the husband of lady in front desk) to get to Timmins.

I was thinking exact same thing....tell the call center what they want to hear, a tow is a tow, who cares what they are towing, I'm paying the damn membership fee, so tow my stuff!

2 hours ago, stoney said:

Don't say sled, use vehicle.

I was thinking exact same thing....tell the call center what they want to hear, a tow is a tow, who cares what they are towing, I'm paying the damn membership fee, so tow my stuff!

Exactly!

We saw 2 sleds on a rollback on Hwy 60 near Madawaska a few years ago. Probably the same weight as a Smart car.

Any of you guys ever use CAA to haul a disabled motorcycle?

My RV Plus membership deals w/ getting my TT moved if my truck is down. What is so difficult in moving a sled?

23 hours ago, gobills said:

Everything alright??  You did not get hurt or anything did you?

Thanks all.

Ill remember all of this for next time.. praying there wont be a next time.

I got off really lucky .. and go buy a lotto ticket is what i heard from the hospital and OPP.

Guy coming around a blind corner outside whitney, riding middle of trail .. target fixated on me and hit me.

I got thrown .. his sled barely any damage. Me i took the brunt of it all and as of this morning the estimate for repair is $4700.

Right wrist is swollen and can barely use my right hand. 

Normally i ride with my tek vest, but wasnt wearing it this time.

1 minute ago, infernobuster said:

Thanks all.

I got off really lucky .. and go buy a lotto ticket is what i heard from the hospital and OPP.

Guy coming around a blind corner outside whitney, riding middle of trail .. target fixated on me and hit me.

I got thrown .. his sled barely any damage. Me i took the brunt of it all and as of this morning the estimate for repair is $4700.

That sucks!

Is it just me, or does there seem to be more collisions this year on the trails?

6 hours ago, infernobuster said:

Thanks all.

Sorry to hear this. It will take time for your wrist to heal. I know you love this sport ... don't give up,  get your sled repaired and get back in the saddle. 

What about an insurance write- off , get some money from them and buy a new snowmobile?  :rolleyes:

On 2/13/2019 at 2:57 PM, revrnd said:

revrnd... you're a good man. Thank you for coming to the assistance of a fellow snowmobiler . You're super. 

Cheers. 

7 hours ago, infernobuster said:

Thanks all.

Better get that x rayed . Revrend thank you for helping 

Sorry this happened and to Kris for helping him a big thank you. Hope you get healed up quick and your sled looked after.

Are there no CAA terms or packages that permit snowmobile pick up?  I met a guy the other day and understood he had coverage and had used it many times in both Ontario and Quebec.  I just carry a wad of cash and flag down the first pick up truck I see.  It's amazing how quickly you can get help.  CAA would likely be cheaper.

Respect to revrnd for stepping up here!

We have CAA Plus

its provides 160 km flatbed service for sleds or motorcycles. 

Have to get the sled to the road. 

11 hours ago, Yamaha Fan said:

revrnd... you're a good man. Thank you for coming to the assistance of a fellow snowmobiler . You're super. 

Cheers. 

He didnt need my help, but I wouldve been able to go up.

On 2/16/2019 at 6:32 AM, Wildbill said:

Better get that x rayed . Revrend thank you for helping 

X rays are clear of any breaks. 

Waiting to hear back from Insurance whether its a write off or not. And with it being the end of Feb now, i may just write off the season.

With ski doo showing off their new sleds monday night .. well see. I either jump to the new ace turbo or go with a sidewinder.

On 2/17/2019 at 10:26 PM, infernobuster said:

X rays are clear of any breaks. 

Waiting to hear back from Insurance whether its a write off or not. And with it being the end of Feb now, i may just write off the season.

With ski doo showing off their new sleds monday night .. well see. I either jump to the new ace turbo or go with a sidewinder.

Glad to hear no medical issues! 

On 2/16/2019 at 7:45 AM, Fuse6 said:

We have CAA Plus

its provides 160 km flatbed service for sleds or motorcycles. 

Have to get the sled to the road. 

I called CAA today and asked if the plus would include snowmobiles and they said no.  Motorbikes they will cover, but not sleds.  That was only speaking to one person mind you.

I have cash plus with the RV coverage and was told no for sleds. 

1 hour ago, snowman said:

I called CAA today and asked if the plus would include snowmobiles and they said no.  Motorbikes they will cover, but not sleds.  That was only speaking to one person mind you.

I wonder what their reasoning is?

Archived