Friday ride.

GrizzlyGriff

We are riding Friday from my place Friday on Pigeon Lake. May do run to Rice Lake through Bethany and the Ganny if things get groomed up.  Others welcome 

any reports on trails around rice

Will come by Thursday  for sure

Will be interesting to see if lakes drift up. Big winds out there 

a quick look out the window this morning reveals that the lake is snow covered without too much drifting (at least in our bay)

as for the trails, the following is taken from the clubs FB page.

While we are getting some snow the recent weather has made the base a sheet of glass and very slippery. We had a groomer out tonight but we can not get any traction to climb hills and he was even sliding trying to groom down the hills. As many of you know we have quite a few hills so this is going to be an issue getting our trails groomed. The groomer slid backwards down a hill, that is not even one of our steep hills, and the drag slid off the side of the trail. After he finally was able to get back up on the trail he decided to take the roads back to base and park the groomer for now. 

We will keep you posted and do the best we can with the equipment we have but we are asking for your patience and there may just be a few trails that we just won't be able to groom for a bit.

Please keep an eye on the interactive guide for updates on our trail status.

Thanks for the update fish hey griff maybe head north to the top of curve lake

Hey Rick. What did you mean by Curve Lake?  That Is the Reserve just near Buckhorn 

Curve Lake rez is on a point between Buckhorn and Chemong Lakes.

Noted on the ITG that the Northumberland forest trails are yellow, probably will be green by the weekend as we have a poker run this weekend.

Yeah. He did mean Chemong.  I'm just thick lol. Looking to maybe go Northeast toward Bancroft.  

1 hour ago, GrizzlyGriff said:

Yeah. He did mean Chemong.  I'm just thick lol. Looking to maybe go Northeast toward Bancroft.  

Be aware that if passing thru the Paudash trails, there isnt a direct route to Bancroft. E110 is closed east of the Baptiste Lake turnoff.

let me know what time 

Last evening on Rice Lake

Note the pressure crack in the background.

52567656_2231817100479231_8399830788199153664_n.jpg

Archived