OUCH!

PISTON LAKE CRUISER

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh My Gosh:sad:Looks too bad
I hope everyone at least alive.

I'm pretty sure that these pics are NOT from NCDN trails.....just sayin'

A bit disappointed that the "boss" even posted those pics. Posted out of context they seem to sensationalize the "bad". It's not like the sport doesn't have enough bad press as it it. "Speeding" and "Stay right" seem like obvious conclusions, but trail condition does impact a rider's ability to control their sled, and many, many clubs down south are warning riders of icy trails.

But I do agree with his "Ride Safe. Ride Sober" message.

They folded up like a cheap lawn chair. Glad nobody got hurt.

1 minute ago, zoso said:

Looks more like a plowed road than a trail. Ice with very little snow on it. 

Exactly what I was thinking.

Sleds are getting way to powerful for any of our trail system in my opinion.Put this kind of machines and power 

under some of the yahoos on the trail system and things can go south in a real hurry. Hopefully this was not the case and no one got injured. 

Ride Safe

Keeping right is a major issue.  Followed an older group of guys group last weekend (early retirees I would describe them as).  They were not aggressive riders and were travelling at a safe speed.  Inside of every corner though.  Then the guy who is moving a little quicker will be the ones they blame when they have a head on, but IMO they would clearly be in the wrong.

1 hour ago, IQ TURBO said:

No one hurt. JUST A REMINDER TO STAY THE F ON YOUR SIDE OF THE TRAIL. If you cannot handle that,  maybe sledding is not for You. Jokers....

I agree 100%.  I've only utilized the trail system past 3 years and so far IMO been lucky, alot of close calls.   

26 minutes ago, signfan said:

Keeping right is a major issue.  Followed an older group of guys group last weekend (early retirees I would describe them as).  They were not aggressive riders and were travelling at a safe speed.  Inside of every corner though.  Then the guy who is moving a little quicker will be the ones they blame when they have a head on, but IMO they would clearly be in the wrong.

Im amazed there isnt more head on collisions. Afternoons on a saturday all the way around lake of bays and im the first one on the right side thru all the left corners! Some spots its barely wide enough for 2 sleds, some parts its 30 ft wide, same thing. Hundreds and hundreds of sleds. Ridiculous! 

1 hour ago, Steve F6 said:

Im amazed there isnt more head on collisions. Afternoons on a saturday all the way around lake of bays and im the first one on the right side thru all the left corners! Some spots its barely wide enough for 2 sleds, some parts its 30 ft wide, same thing. Hundreds and hundreds of sleds. Ridiculous! 

Totally agree there are real wahoos out in this area.  Sometimes I wonder why I even go out.

Our trails, in general, are too narrow for the quality of grooming and machines today. I have been campaigning for widening our trails , but to no avail. 

4 hours ago, signfan said:

Followed a pair years ago. Putting along in the middle of the trail. They made no effort to 'ride right' when approaching hills.

11 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Followed a pair years ago. Putting along in the middle of the trail. They made no effort to 'ride right' when approaching hills.

I believe a refresher MSV test should be required every 5 years. So should a regular drivers license.

I love the right side , always smooth as hell

3 hours ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

I believe a refresher MSV test should be required every 5 years. So should a regular drivers license.

Can you imagine everyone trying to get into an Ontario Driver Licensing Centre for a "refresher". You can't get near most of them now with all the new Canadians trying their licenses.

45 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Why NO, you guys afraid you won't pass and your priveledges (not rights) will be revoked?

Go ahead and sign yourself up if you feel you need help. Me, I am fine thanks. Maybe take drivers ed again too.

Archived