Fuel and Restaurants (East of Timmins)

Big Pussy

Looking for fuel in Timmins without going through town on C.

Is Krakana's  @Crawford St.  & 101 off L28 open and working ?  Easy to get to ?

Is there a working gas station on the the A trail crossing at Val Gagne ?  Is there still a restaurant there ?

BP

29 minutes ago, Big Pussy said:

Looking for fuel in Timmins without going through town on C.

Is Krakana's  @Crawford St.  & 101 off L28 open and working ?  Easy to get to ?

Is there a working gas station on the the A trail crossing at Val Gagne ?  Is there still a restaurant there ?

BP

Guay's Garage (the Ford dealer had gas last winter) on Hwy 11 near Val Gagne is an Esso. I'm pretty sure the restaurant across the road is closed. The tavern in town looked closed last March when we passed thru.

There is a Crevier gas on L31 (old railbed) where it crosses Hwy 101 in Porcupine.

Looking @ my GPS info from my bus ride in Feb' & Krakana's is closed. Just west of there on 101 is a Petrocan & an Esso. Looks like street running to get to them.

What revrnd says is accurate. I am curious where you are headed from the Timmins area to ask the way you have? Are you coming into the area from the east and heading north via L25 to the northbound C trail? If not, the fuel at 101 and 655 via the C trail is easy to access if you are headed south on L143 or north on C. That is one of the least pavement scratching fuel locations in Timmins. 

Leaving Chelmsford Monday morning.  Gas at Rocky's then at Shining Tree.  Stray the night at Chata Tika Pika.  Tuesday ride A trail to Timmins.  Avoid the C trail scratching through town by riding A11C.  Gas in Porcupine off L28, then on to Matheson for gas and lunch now that Val Gagne is done.  Gas at Mac Phersons and on to Elk Lake Wilderness Resort for the night.  Wednesday, on to Auld Reekie for gas, Shining Tree for gas, and down to Rocky's and back to Chelmsford.

His cats get thirsty .... :D

2 minutes ago, Denis007 said:

His cats get thirsty .... :D

Just one of them.

4 hours ago, Big Pussy said:

Leaving Chelmsford Monday morning.  Gas at Rocky's then at Shining Tree.  Stray the night at Chata Tika Pika.  Tuesday ride A trail to Timmins.  Avoid the C trail scratching through town by riding A11C.  Gas in Porcupine off L28, then on to Matheson for gas and lunch now that Val Gagne is done.  Gas at Mac Phersons and on to Elk Lake Wilderness Resort for the night.  Wednesday, on to Auld Reekie for gas, Shining Tree for gas, and down to Rocky's and back to Chelmsford.

Looking at the map, I'll post a screen shot later. The Crevier is right beside the trail, no street running req'd.

A!!C is in green, L31 is in teal in this map:47226672_PorcupineArea.thumb.JPG.1076ebcba0738d6271ad357e4c94907d.JPG

The teal trail in the bottom LH corner is the south bypass L22

378139670_TimminsEast.thumb.JPG.571ff3f7024651f515bdeec0e18d3c72.JPG

I got it.  The Crevier is much better to get to.

Archived