600 ACE Sound Level

revrnd

Could any owners comment on the sound/noise levels compared to other sleds?

Not an owner, but I rode one when they first came out. It’s almost like it has an electric motor. So quiet the track noise seems loud. 

I have one for my wife and it is very quiet compared to my viper. You can hear the ski's on the snow.

Have one too     Quiet for sure, but engine noise is very different and kinda hard to describe.  Has a different tone, maybe since it's a twin, but a totally different sound than the 900 Ace and maybe a bit louder too. 

45 minutes ago, volunteer2 said:

Have one too     Quiet for sure, but engine noise is very different and kinda hard to describe.  Has a different tone, maybe since it's a twin, but a totally different sound than the 900 Ace and maybe a bit louder too. 

revrn, volunteer's description is right on from my experience. My riding partner has a 2011 600 ace and his 900. the 900 is quieter for sure. The 600 is thump, thump, thumpier like something is missing - might be the third cylinder that smooths out the note. 

Bought my wife a ‘17 this season. Spent hours trying to establish if it was running/sounding as intended. Finally gave in and decided that it runs and sounds just fine. 

Thanks guys. We heard a utility sled w/ the 600 ACE up @ Barrys Bay last week & it sounded awful (blown out muffler?) Then last night checking Youtube the 1st video. I checked sounded just as bad.

I was under the impression that the motor was quiet. A friend is shopping for a sled & I had mentioned the motor for her needs. I was afraid that I was steering her towards something she wouldnt like. Her previous sled was a MXZ583.

My wife's sled and she is very happy with it quiet and easy to handle it. My opinion it's good choice for women or beginners,  

20190202_094717.jpg

Very similar to the 900 ace.  Not quite as smooth but still very quiet.  You can talk to another rider at a trailside stop without shutting it off.  Great trail motor.  Torquey.  Just not a lake runner. Top out at 60 mph.  I would recommend them.

57 minutes ago, signfan said:

Very similar to the 900 ace.  Not quite as smooth but still very quiet.  You can talk to another rider at a trailside stop without shutting it off.  Great trail motor.  Torquey.  Just not a lake runner. Top out at 60 mph.  I would recommend them.

Agree 100%

4 hours ago, revrnd said:

A friend is shopping for a sled & I had mentioned the motor for her needs.

I have an ‘18 Renegade 900ACE I would entertain an offer on. 

1 hour ago, Brodieman said:

That's probably a bit too new for what she's looking for, sorry.

Ours gets to 60 quick enough and it will see 70 in regular conditions.  Not noisey.  Just the thumping sound. Also we have a 12 so still the old throttle. Torquee for sure. Pulls instantly so with the new throttle with eco mode would be more gentle. Just thinking the settings may be comparable to the 900. 

42 minutes ago, volunteer2 said:

Ours gets to 60 quick enough and it will see 70 in regular conditions.  Not noisey.  Just the thumping sound. Also we have a 12 so still the old throttle. Torquee for sure. Pulls instantly so with the new throttle with eco mode would be more gentle. Just thinking the settings may be comparable to the 900. 

kmh?:rotflmao:

7 hours ago, Brodieman said:

I don't think I will buy your sled, but am curious why you would part with that sled. I love my 900 but wish I had bought a Renegade. I like the idea of a XS chassis and 40 liter tank vs the Gen4 36 liter tank and colder ride. Maybe I should by your sled.

5 hours ago, tricky said:

I don't think I will buy your sled, but am curious why you would part with that sled. I love my 900 but wish I had bought a Renegade. I like the idea of a XS chassis and 40 liter tank vs the Gen4 36 liter tank and colder ride. Maybe I should by your sled.

I have been extremely happy with the 900 NA Renegade XS but I occasionally think about trading in for a G4 900T Renegade X instead of upgrading track/skis/shocks on my XS. 

4 hours ago, Brodieman said:

I have been extremely happy with the 900 NA Renegade XS but I occasionally think about trading in for a G4 900T Renegade X instead of upgrading track/skis/shocks on my XS. 

Gotcha, I understand that logic completely.

eng barely heard over track noise  unless wide open but sounds like a atv coming through the woods at you  can not hear the engine running if there is a two stoke within a million miles.   550 fan two stroke is  very noise compared to either ace

Archived