Newbie looking for riding buddies!

snowcatrider

First off I am from the states, Indiana in particular. But I have been riding in Ontario for the last 2 years for my sledding time. This year all my regular riding buddies have chickened out in going to Ontario so I am now looking for some new ones.  I have had 3 trips planned only to have them back out at the last minute. So I have decided I am just going to drive up this Thursday and hopefully hook up  with someone. I am  planning on putting in Saulte Saint Marie and seeing where that takes me.  IF I don't find someone to ride with then maybe I can just do some small loops in t he area. I bought a season permit and have not even used it yet due to my friends cancellations and quite frankly I am tired of them ruining my trips at the last minute. So I normally would  not drive out with out other riders nor plans in place but I do not want the season to go by and never get to ride. I love riding the Wawa, Hornepayne Saulte Ste Marie areas and would also like to head east from the saulte if the opportunity presents itself. IF you can help me out or would like to ride some please contact me. I am a seasoned rider *over 20 years) , sticking mainly to trails with some off trail riding. I have a well maintained turbo 144 track sled and am pretty self sustaining. I like putting on some miles if conditions present and have put on as much as 375 miles in a day but can be content with lot slower days if seeing some great sights or if rough trails present themselves. Thanks for reading and I hope to make some great friends!

Welcome to OC!

Several years ago we did the Tracks to Trails train trip to Hearst. It was your Presidents Weekend & there were 3 riders from Ft. Wayne. They were getting off the train @ Dubreuilville. They were going to spend the next 3 days riding back to the Soo.

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 11:18 PM, snowcatrider said:

First off I am from the states, Indiana in particular. But I have been riding in Ontario for the last 2 years for my sledding time. This year all my regular riding buddies have chickened out in going to Ontario so I am now looking for some new ones.  I have had 3 trips planned only to have them back out at the last minute. So I have decided I am just going to drive up this Thursday and hopefully hook up  with someone. I am  planning on putting in Saulte Saint Marie and seeing where that takes me.  IF I don't find someone to ride with then maybe I can just do some small loops in t he area. I bought a season permit and have not even used it yet due to my friends cancellations and quite frankly I am tired of them ruining my trips at the last minute. So I normally would  not drive out with out other riders nor plans in place but I do not want the season to go by and never get to ride. I love riding the Wawa, Hornepayne Saulte Ste Marie areas and would also like to head east from the saulte if the opportunity presents itself. IF you can help me out or would like to ride some please contact me. I am a seasoned rider *over 20 years) , sticking mainly to trails with some off trail riding. I have a well maintained turbo 144 track sled and am pretty self sustaining. I like putting on some miles if conditions present and have put on as much as 375 miles in a day but can be content with lot slower days if seeing some great sights or if rough trails present themselves. Thanks for reading and I hope to make some great friends!

PM me as we live on Coldwater lake (next to I-69) and go often.  Many times I have room in the trailer or in the back of my truck.  I would also be able to meet you and show you many great riding areas.

Welcome to the forum.

I've ridden with AC + YA - he sure knows our northern trails (in particular the areas you mention).  

I hope you make it to northern Ontario.

On 2/12/2019 at 9:55 AM, AC+YA said:

PM me as we live on Coldwater lake (next to I-69) and go often.  Many times I have room in the trailer or in the back of my truck.  I would also be able to meet you and show you many great riding areas.

Lucky guy living that close to MIS.

39 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Lucky guy living that close to MIS.

I don't make most of the races and those weekends try to remember to avoid anything East of I-69 on Route 12.  I have done them years ago and my son loves the races and the "Faster Horses" long weekend concerts in the summer.  I think the concert is getting bigger every year.    

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/10/2019 at 11:18 PM, snowcatrider said:

I feel like this could have been written by me

Replace:

-Indiana with Traverse City, MI 

-Haven't ridden Ontario but pretty much most of the trails in LP and UP

-3 miles instead of 375

-146" track not 144"

So anyway.....looking for somebody(ies) to go ride with north of the border. Would love to stage out of the Soo and ride from there but I am open to suggestions, only 3 hours from the border

THANKS

Welcome to OC crk133. Hopefully, someone will be able to help you find some riding buddies. Maybe try sending a PM (personal message) to snowcatrider since you are both looking for the same thing. Hope it works.

42 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Welcome to OC crk133. Hopefully, someone will be able to help you find some riding buddies. Maybe try sending a PM (personal message) to snowcatrider since you are both looking for the same thing. Hope it works.

Haha, thanks! That's the first thing I did

Archived