4 day round trip from Elliot Lake

Yellowknife

Hey guys - my old topic didn't seem to get traction after the first couple days, but wanted to focus in on anyone's thoughts about a 4 day trip departing from Elliot Lake March 1 to 4.

My buddy is suggesting something and I have another idea but looking to hear from you's first. If you have a suggestion, could you follow this topic just to ensure you can see my replies and I can ask you more questions on here rather than PM? Cheers

We're departing Elliot lake on route to Chapleau on Saturday morning, Sunday we are riding from Chapleau to Wawa, Monday back to Elliot lake.

Looking like it will be an 1100 km trip. 

If we had more time (4+ days) we would probably have done this... 

Day 1 - Elliott lake to Chapleau 

Day 2 - Chapleau to Timmins 

Day 3 - Timmins to Sudbury 

Day 4 - Sudbury to Elliot lake 

We were also thinking of riding searchmont area but accommodations and fuel are issues in this area. 

Let us know what you come up with! 

Look like long run from Elliott lake to Chapleau almost 400km

2 hours ago, Turbo Burgo said:

We're departing Elliot lake on route to Chapleau on Saturday morning, Sunday we are riding from Chapleau to Wawa, Monday back to Elliot lake.

Looking like it will be an 1100 km trip. 

If we had more time (4+ days) we would probably have done this... 

We were also thinking of riding searchmont area but accommodations and fuel are issues in this area. 

Let us know what you come up with! 

That's what I was thinking with one minor adjustment - Elliot to halfway haven on day one, and halfway haven to timmins on day 2. We'd have to hit halfway either way for fuel en route to Chapleau, so it makes day 2 the longest one. There's fuel in Foleyet right? It's unfortunate that the ofsc interactive map doesn't snow all the fuel locations. What would you suggest for the overnight location in Sudbury? Thanks!!

1 minute ago, Yellowknife said:

That's what I was thinking with one minor adjustment - Elliot to halfway haven on day one, and halfway haven to timmins on day 2. We'd have to hit halfway either way for fuel en route to Chapleau, so it makes day 2 the longest one. There's fuel in Foleyet right? It's unfortunate that the ofsc interactive map doesn't snow all the fuel locations. What would you suggest for the overnight location in Sudbury? Thanks!!

Fuel is at the General store in Folyet. They close at 8PM. There is a good restaurant across the street with an albino moose head on the wall. (XTC500's avatar).

Note that the trail between Chapleau and Folyet is a slower work for your miles trail.

8 hours ago, Turbo Burgo said:

This would be a great trip! For the boys though. Start in Sudbury. @SalemRene @SRMissle

Archived