How Many Groomers/Drags Have Been Moved North?

bbakernbay

FB post today from a northern Club.

"

GROOMER BREAKDOWN.

Our groomer broke down yesterday, thankfully we got it into the yard.

We are looking at a 2-3 week wait for parts.

Please be patient, we have had 45-50cm of fresh snow fall this week and have a busy long weekend of riding ahead. The trails may be less than perfect

We are looking for a Replacement/borrowed groomer as we speak.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/11/2019 at 4:52 PM, SRXChris said:

The Centre Hastings club groomer has been parked in Springbrook the past 2 weeks.    Not sure if its going to move again.

Havelock Club is grooming like crazy, and Centre Hastings is all red.I think i had read they were training groomer operators recently but I am not certain.

1 hour ago, bbakernbay said:

"

GROOMER BREAKDOWN.

Please be patient, we have had 45-50cm of fresh snow fall this week and have a busy long weekend of riding ahead. The trails may be less than perfect

what club is that?

8 hours ago, bbakernbay said:

"

GROOMER BREAKDOWN.

Get one up from the south asap.  Almost guaranteed some clubs have 0 hours on theirs.

6 minutes ago, gobills said:

Get one up from the south asap.  Almost guaranteed some clubs have 0 hours on theirs.

That would be the Districts' job to take care of in conjunction with the OFSC Groomer Manager. I'm sure that is happening if the club contacted their District office.

2 hours ago, bbakernbay said:

Great news just posted on Facebook,instead of waiting for lengthy parts delivery, the a club floated groomer to a local fabricator who carried out the necessary repairs and they will be back grooming tonight

well worth it, and less than getting a groomer shipped from down south. great job to get the trails smoothed out for the rest of the long weekend.

45 minutes ago, bbakernbay said:

Hey guys and gals, do you think it is okay to post a Club’s Facebook page post here on OC or is that not appropriate for a non-Club person to do?

No problem in my opinion. It gives OCer's good up to date trail info.

1 hour ago, bbakernbay said:

Hey guys and gals, do you think it is okay to post a Club’s Facebook page post here on OC or is that not appropriate for a non-Club person to do?

If it's on Facebook it's already viewable by the general public 

Archived