2016 mxz 600 ace sport

Dufftom

whats it worth,comes studded,tunnel bag,cover,dolly wheels,only 158 kms. 

1 hour ago, ZR SLEDHEAD said:

Quick search of Kijiji or similar will suggest otherwise but if you follow the market for a few weeks you'll quickly see hardly any sleds have actually changed hands this year, way too many for sale at unrealistic prices.

Not sure how big the market is for low powered sleds that are priced high. Not even sure who would want an ace 600 unless it was for a child.

12 minutes ago, ZR SLEDHEAD said:

To me, would be an excellent sled for a new rider or someone that just cruises the trails. Cool part about so many choices out there, just bites butt how badly the used market has been hit yet again this year.

I could have fun on it, just not for very long. But the cost for a beginners sled is just too much, I think that is the real downside of this sled. when for the same price or less you can get a leftover with a four stroke putting out 130hp or an 800 two stroke, I have to wonder, who is buying these things.

Thank you for all the replies.....when my wife seen all the comments....it is a NO ....she drives a Yamaha Apex .....the Ace would be to slow....we were just going to get a good deal on it.....so it looks like it will be a new Viper for her in the future

22 hours ago, ZR SLEDHEAD said:

To me, would be an excellent sled for a new rider or someone that just cruises the trails. Cool part about so many choices out there, just bites butt how badly the used market has been hit yet again this year.

That's what my friend is looking for. She doesn't need a 600 2 stroke or an 800.

22 minutes ago, Dufftom said:

Thank you for all the replies.....when my wife seen all the comments....it is a NO ....she drives a Yamaha Apex .....the Ace would be to slow....we were just going to get a good deal on it.....so it looks like it will be a new Viper for her in the future

Consider a leftover cat. it is identical to the yamaha, has team clutches from 15-18, and will be thousands less. They have a lot of old stock and the deals are solid. I would imagine if you wait another month they will be even less money.

The 15's have the Cat made primary and secondary.  16 up has the team things.

On 2/10/2019 at 8:34 PM, zoso said:

Not sure how big the market is for low powered sleds that are priced high. Not even sure who would want an ace 600 unless it was for a child.

You must not ever have ridden in Quebec...many, many 600ACE sleds on the snow -- work sleds, wide-tracks, rentals, 1-ups, 2-ups, etc.  As stated elsewhere, despite the low horsepower, it's a very torquey motor, well-suited to trail cruising, especially in tight-and-twisty trails.  Definitely not a rail bed or lake runner, but not everybody needs to be able to go 80-100 mph.

I'd have no problem getting a 600 Ace... just not for a trail sled up here. A Renegade or Skandic WT are great options for the 600.

6 hours ago, irREVerent said:

You must not ever have ridden in Quebec...many, many 600ACE sleds on the snow -- work sleds, wide-tracks, rentals, 1-ups, 2-ups, etc.  As stated elsewhere, despite the low horsepower, it's a very torquey motor, well-suited to trail cruising, especially in tight-and-twisty trails.  Definitely not a rail bed or lake runner, but not everybody needs to be able to go 80-100 mph.

Ridden qc a lot, never really notice those sleds. 40 ft pounds of torque at 6k rpm is weak, so is the 55 hp. They are not good for anything but a kid or a women. 

Don,t know who would need more power other than  maybe a child .     I'm  a two hundred and ten lb child and find the 600 ace is  fantastic trail sled  that runs all day at double the speed limit.  Had a mx and rene were out riding the hard pack the other day at  about 125km.  The renegade is a better choice because of smoother ride and better deep snow performance.   It putts in the woods or up the ramp to the truck at 2mph with the torque of cummins.     Ya I miss the gut wrenching power of the 800 etec .  What i really miss about not riding the 800 is the numb hands from the vibration .   Only down side to  600 ace is probably  that it doesn't have the ability probably to run very far on water .  deep slush could also be an issue. (100 foot skipping okay but not up to a watercross).  The aces  just like the tundras of past will hold value long after  all the 800's have had another rebuild which is the only thing that gives them any resale after a few years.    By the way the women  or should i say young girl who probably cleaned house in valcourt last week, thinks the ace is lame compared to her champ 440

If anybody remembers; the 440 cc sleds of the 70's were anywhere from 30 to 65 horses and we thought they were powerful. My 1976 LC was 93 horsepower and it was considered to be wild. Mind you it was 200 to 400 pounds lighter than a lot of today's sleds.

15 hours ago, irREVerent said:

Further to this is the extensive use of 600ace powered machines in Canada's north, a mainstay of hunters and trappers. Except for a starter motor oil leakage problem (solved by a trapper in Labrador) the motor is extremely reliable and starts in almost any kind of weather. Mine started no problem at -45 in Port Loring a couple of years ago first try after sitting out all night.

After taking a year off from sledding a few years ago and looking to replace a blue smoke belching lumbering jackass of an Arctic Cat touring machine, the 600ace came along just in time, as for me, it represented the true roots of snowmobiling. While living in the NWT my sledding was on a single cylinder work horse machine with no handwarmers, primitive suspension, required the cleaning of the carb fuel pin every 25 miles or so, and sometimes needed a stream of warm urine to get the carb warm enough to start. The areas I rode included such places as these...

map.thumb.jpg.e896bcdae67abdcd5165f65193160e9c.jpg

One of my favourites being along the shore of Great Slave Lake from Yellowknife, coming ashore at North Arm Park and then following the road to Edzo and Rae.

map2.thumb.jpg.8f74c215324ea34050495fd95f63fbd9.jpg

No hotels, gas stops, restaurants, sometimes an ice road to follow to the more northern communities. Certainly no freebees for those and their followers on fancy more powerful machines, used to such amenities, if screaming for their mommies wasn't what they did after the first hour.

I considered a 900ace last year as a 900 short track was not available this year, for the simple want of some 'overhead' on the rev range of a 4 stroke engine, but after some consideration the 600ace meets all my needs - reliability, low maintenance costs, ability to noiselessly get close in to a few animals trail side, get in some good pictures, run all day on a tank of fuel (300 km or more) and save a pile of money. The money saved is in a 1 year GIC at 2.8  percent which is going to pay for a trip to Britain to fly a Spitfire.

Stick with your nancy machines if you must, but don't hold back your wife and kids.

Slomo our camp is south of Noganosh Lake. We have several aces in the group and you will often see your Buddys headlight coming before you ever hear them. Not hard to sneak up on a moose.

13 hours ago, cornbinder said:

Don,t know who would need more power other than  maybe a child .     I'm  a two hundred and ten lb child and find the 600 ace is  fantastic trail sled  that runs all day at double the speed limit.  Had a mx and rene were out riding the hard pack the other day at  about 125km.  The renegade is a better choice because of smoother ride and better deep snow performance.   It putts in the woods or up the ramp to the truck at 2mph with the torque of cummins.     Ya I miss the gut wrenching power of the 800 etec .  What i really miss about not riding the 800 is the numb hands from the vibration .   Only down side to  600 ace is probably  that it doesn't have the ability probably to run very far on water .  deep slush could also be an issue. (100 foot skipping okay but not up to a watercross).  The aces  just like the tundras of past will hold value long after  all the 800's have had another rebuild which is the only thing that gives them any resale after a few years.    By the way the women  or should i say young girl who probably cleaned house in valcourt last week, thinks the ace is lame compared to her champ 440

So a real top speed of 115kmh. Too slow.

Archived