Lake exit at baysville

DOM

No map to show you, stay away from the narrows in Dorset as its usually open water. I have exit the lake at the Shell station on the south side of Dorset.

There will likely be tracks, but before the lake goes into the narrows closer to Baysville, and will likely be open water, the land comes out to a point by I think cottage road Stratheid rd, you will see a side trail that is not part of the OFSC that runs on that cottage rd to 117, than you run the side of the road until you pick up D102B.  

It has been a couple of years since I did the run on LOB from Dorset to Baysville, but have done it many times later in the season and never had any issues finding my way.

I am sure someone else that is more familiar can confirm or perhaps provide more details.

It’s somewhere by the k and o in Muskoka where I put a circle. Best I can do from an iPhone.  Now was there a couple weekends ago after the cold (well during) and there were ice dams and some open water that normally was never there. 

D397A17C-0D52-46EE-A241-F0AEF68E9A65.jpeg

If you look at the map above, the exit is directly across from the "k" in "Muskoka" on opposite shore.. not on the shore where Muskoka is written. When you get off the lake turn left on the road & follow road about 1.5 kms...cross Bruenell  road and about 300 meters down the road you will see the trail on the left that takes you directly to the gas station in Baysville. Follow the tracks, lots of ice but ice gets thin very fast towards the narrows so STAY CLEAR and stay to the right when approaching exit. There are a couple of pressure cracks on the way down the lake so keep your eyes open. If you get back on the lake at this end make sure you are at the same cottage... the road bends and twists a couple of times and its easy to end up down a road that you dont want. 

1 hour ago, Krusty said:

If you look at the map above, the exit is directly across from the "k" in "Muskoka" on opposite shore.. not on the shore where Muskoka is written. When you get off the lake turn left on the road & follow road about 1.5 kms...cross Bruenell  road and about 300 meters down the road you will see the trail on the left that takes you directly to the gas station in Baysville. Follow the tracks, lots of ice but ice gets thin very fast towards the narrows so STAY CLEAR and stay to the right when approaching exit. There are a couple of pressure cracks on the way down the lake so keep your eyes open. If you get back on the lake at this end make sure you are at the same cottage... the road bends and twists a couple of times and its easy to end up down a road that you dont want. 

This...………….last time I did that trail though, bubblers were left on high all over the place .

I get off lake of bays where the black X is showing on the picture.  Ice is safer then close to Baysville.  There is a small boat lunch at that spot. Road run west to Brunel then north to the trail.  I update the section in red that has been closed for 2 years and the new yellow trail that has been added in that area.    I know my route is not exactly the one you asked about but might be useful for others 

0F4C0D14-92D0-4A13-9BBE-1E4AD1CA6446.jpeg

Archived