Dubreuilville to Hearst

Wondering if any one has rode from Dubreuilville to Hearst since the snow on Monday 

doubtful but, you never know... they are calling for another 12-16" TODAY so, be prepared for lots of snow on the roads, possible hwy closure, and extra snow on the trail. be safe out there. make sure to tell the hotels when and where you are going so, they can check on you guys. we MIGHT try to come up tomorrow night, weather and road dependent. Ski

We drove to wawa last night driving to Dubreuilville now I will talk to Patrick when we get there 

We will be up there in a few days, Riding from Timmins to Chapleau Monday, And then to Dub on Tuesday, Looking forward to hearing some reports.

Also, note that Hearst had lost it's water supply.

Check with Dennis, but last I knew they were having problems.

May not be the hotel and restaurant experience you are accustomed to in Hearst until the water is fixed.

1 hour ago, 1049 said:

We drove to wawa last night driving to Dubreuilville now I will talk to Patrick when we get there 

Mark, you are having a heck of a time this season so far...……….

Hope you get a good trip in before the big one!

21 minutes ago, AC+YA said:

May not be the hotel and restaurant experience you are accustomed to in Hearst until the water is fixed.

It seems that the Companion is the hotel of choice in Hearst, but the Queen's next door, with the indoor pool, might be a better choice this time. (provided they haven't siphoned the pool yet)

The town of Hearst has declared a State of Emergency due to water main issues.

As Denis has stated there are other issues at play west of Hearst in the Hearst/Hornepayne/Greenstone trail systems. I would suggest contacting Club Voyageur directly for more information. 

And I'm in big trouble for even posting this....

8 minutes ago, Claire Voyant said:

The town of Hearst has declared a State of Emergency due to water main issues.

As Denis has stated there are other issues at play west of Hearst in the Hearst/Hornepayne/Greenstone trail systems. I would suggest contacting Club Voyageur directly for more information. 

And I'm in big trouble for even posting this....

CV, blame it on me, haven't been in shit in, well, at least 1 day, getting bored.

1 hour ago, AC+YA said:

Mark, you are having a heck of a time this season so far...……….

Hope you get a good trip in before the big one!

It’s always a adventure Scott lol

1 hour ago, 1049 said:

It’s always a adventure Scott lol

I see the trail west of Hearst just went yellow.

3 minutes ago, AC+YA said:

I see the trail west of Hearst just went yellow.

Grooming suspended. 

There have been tracks going both North and South through town.  South of Hornepayne was groomed last night (and was told Dubreuilville did their section Tuesday) so it will just be today's accumulation, 2" and counting so far.  

16 minutes ago, matt17 said:

There have been tracks going both North and South through town.  South of Hornepayne was groomed last night (and was told Dubreuilville did their section Tuesday) so it will just be today's accumulation, 2" and counting so far.  

Hi Matt,

Sounds like your trails should be fine.  The A Trail between Hearst and your D108A for 35 miles is yellow.  That should be OK since it is only a short stretch.  Fun in those hills along the Hwy.  Some will love pushing a little snow.  If your sled will only go 120 miles on a tank normally, may want to have an extra gallon or two?

20 minutes ago, AC+YA said:

Hi Matt,

Sounds like your trails should be fine.  The A Trail between Hearst and your D108A for 35 miles is yellow.  That should be OK since it is only a short stretch.  Fun in those hills along the Hwy.  Some will love pushing a little snow.  If your sled will only go 120 miles on a tank normally, may want to have an extra gallon or two?

I can't wait to go play in all that powder along the highway!! If memory serves me correct is there not a gas station before Hearst? I vaguely remember there being one.

4 hours ago, AC+YA said:

Water is back, just a boil water advisory, due to possible clarity and lack of chemical treatment. 

7 minutes ago, IQ TURBO said:

In calstock , Constance lake yes....up L175....

You really want to go that route ?  You do remember who it is that lives there, right ?

I'd carry fuel in a thermos if I had to before going into there.

I'd be surprised if that trail is super rough.  We're just now starting to see some tourists going through doing the loop, with the warm up in temps.  I'd have no problem riding it, this year it's been much smoother than in previous years so it'll hold up.

26 minutes ago, Denis007 said:

Water is back, just a boil water advisory, due to possible clarity and lack of chemical treatment. 

You really want to go that route ?  You do remember who it is that lives there, right ?

I'd carry fuel in a thermos if I had to before going into there.

I'd be surprised if that trail is super rough.  We're just now starting to see some tourists going through doing the loop, with the warm up in temps.  I'd have no problem riding it, this year it's been much smoother than in previous years so it'll hold up.

Thought we would support the locals. Your referring to the A ..

2 hours ago, Nunz said:

I can't wait to go play in all that powder along the highway!! If memory serves me correct is there not a gas station before Hearst? I vaguely remember there being one.

The trail up to Calstock only goes so far and then it uses the road to get to the place.  They have specific hours they are open and when the road melts down it can be a rough trip.

By the time you go up there you will be half the way to Hearst.  The trail should be very smooth as Dennis said with all the fluff.  All the new bridges they put in over the last 5 years make it nice too.

1 minute ago, AC+YA said:

The trail up to Calstock only goes so far and then it uses the road to get to the place.  They have specific hours they are open and when the road melts down it can be a rough trip.

By the time you go up there you will be half the way to Hearst.  The trail should be very smooth as Dennis said with all the fluff.  All the new bridges they put in over the last 5 years make it nice too.

Thanks Scott.

8 hours ago, slomo said:

It seems that the Companion is the hotel of choice in Hearst, but the Queen's next door, with the indoor pool, might be a better choice this time. (provided they haven't siphoned the pool yet)

Evil said she preferred the Queens. I've never stayed there.

5 hours ago, IQ TURBO said:

Thought we would support the locals. Your referring to the A ..

Yes I was. Local trails are in excellent condition too.

1 hour ago, revrnd said:

Evil said she preferred the Queens. I've never stayed there.

The pool and hot tub are significant advantages, but the heated garage is a necessity for some.  Depends on your needs. 

1 hour ago, Denis007 said:

Yes I was. Local trails are in excellent condition too.

The pool and hot tub are significant advantages, but the heated garage is a necessity for some.  Depends on your needs. 

I love the heated garage plus I can go to the bar or the restaurant in my slippers

Archived