Timmins - Parking

snowgirl

Is there a place to park a truck and trailer in Timmins for a few days?  

4 hours ago, snowgirl said:

Is there a place to park a truck and trailer in Timmins for a few days?  

Assuming that you will be spending a night there somewhere, any motel would likely accommodate your request. Others have done it before.

Someone will chime in with more specific results. 

Maybe I should have specified, without booking a room anywhere.  We usually book a room and all is easy and good for parking, but was hoping to get some riding on the same day we are trailering up there.  I'd ride to Cochrane, then leave from here to get to Hearst the next day.

The Super 8 & Casey's, side by side at the east end of Timmin's has a good sized parking lot behind. We have always booked a room at the start & end & parked there. But I really don't think the staff pay any attention to who's parked back there. It would be worth calling & asking if they would mind if you parked there.

1 hour ago, snowgirl said:

Maybe I should have specified, without booking a room anywhere.  We usually book a room and all is easy and good for parking, but was hoping to get some riding on the same day we are trailering up there.  I'd ride to Cochrane, then leave from here to get to Hearst the next day.

if you ask one of the hotels they may charge you a small amount to leave a truck and trailer for a couple of days.

2 hours ago, snowgirl said:

There is a parking lot on the east side of Texas Gulf Road, just across from the road that goes to the hospital (Ross Road). I think it's for staff and overflow hospital parking but I have noticed trucks and trailers parked there many times. The L24 (?) trail runs right by it and you'd be able to access the C trail from there. If you tucked yourself in a back corner of the lot, I don't think there'd be a problem. We would walk our dogs there and I have never noticed any parking restriction signage. I've taken a screenshot of the ITG. Hope this helps.

Screenshot (52).png

Thanks everyone!

On 2/7/2019 at 8:41 AM, Nunz said:

if you ask one of the hotels they may charge you a small amount to leave a truck and trailer for a couple of days.

Apparently the Bon Air charges for parking if you stage there in 2018. Not sure of their issue as they have loads of parking.

They werent overly crowded when we were there last winter.

Might be trying to recover some of the snow plowing costs.

4 hours ago, Blake G said:

Might be trying to recover some of the snow plowing costs.

It was nice that they had it down to bare pavement & a thin layer of slush when we arrived there last March. Temps dropped like a rock & the whole lot was like a skating rink.

Super 8./Caseys you can park there without staying there   

Archived