Parry Sound trip

none

We are thinking of driving up to the Super 8 and riding around the area for a couple of days . 

Anyone have any thoughts -  dis courage or encourage ?   

Last weekend trails was perfect but now I prefer  to drive up North.  specially if you go for couple days.

I think we are going to take our chances . Drive up today and start riding tomorrow , hopefully things will firm up. 

Your groomer guys are key and we really appreciate all the hard work involved in making things happen ; cheers !

Thanks for the reply !     

snowing hard in whitestone right now, nothing will help if it rains again on thursday as they are saying.   hope i can get a ride in between now and then.

Seguin Trail was decent today. Definitely needed to be on the lookout for water hazards. Also needed to frequently clear frozen rain from visor.

Grooming was in progress between Petrocan and Sprucedale.

Kearney end was also good, with 4 cms of overnight snow.

Very enjoyable riding at a safe speed.

Blake  ,   Four of us  also ran the Sequin and found it enjoyable Wed.     Saw few sleds , you might have been one !   You are right about the fine rain - it was a pain and kept us slow. 

A note to all -----   The Super 8 is now just a place to sleep . There is no restaurant or Jolly Roger anything let alone a lounge or bar. 

You do get a continental b'fast with your stay.  F*** ## !

Having not been there in a couple years we were very disappointed to find this out when we arrived. Their web site still lists the rest. ( Golden Griddle)  and the Jolly Roger Bar as open .THEY ARE NOT !   The human we talked to, to book our rooms failed to inform. In complete fairness the specific question may not have been asked , but still .......

What's that ?  Oh ya  -  Know before you go.  :wtf:

The last time we were there was about 3 years ago. I specifically asked if they had a restaurant and was told yes. Got there on the Friday and it wasn't open. The remote for the TV didn't work and calls to the desk got, maintenance is gone for the night so we were out of luck. I asked about getting one from another room. Sorry we can't do that? It would be taken care of first thing in the morning. We went riding for the day and got back. Guess what, restaurant wasn't open and TV remote still not working. We went into town for dinner and I picked up batteries for the remote. That's all it needed. It just wasn't a great experience. Proximity to the trail was great though.

25 minutes ago, snapper said:

Planning on going up for the weekend, is the Seguin rideable without scratchers?

25 minutes ago, snapper said:

Planning on going up for the weekend, is the Seguin rideable without scratchers?

Lakes are pretty hard packed as well as trails just north in dunchurch.   Did 200km yesterday and was thankful of scratchers.  With the freezing rain in the forecast today I would suggest scratchers for sure.

Just got back from our full day ride. Went from the as far west as sprucedale and east as far as Edgewater park . It was awesome, I don't have scratchers took our time riding double. 

4 hours ago, bucko said:

Blake  ,   Four of us  also ran the Sequin and found it enjoyable Wed.     Saw few sleds , you might have been one !   You are right about the fine rain - it was a pain and kept us slow. 

A note to all -----   The Super 8 is now just a place to sleep . There is no restaurant or Jolly Roger anything let alone a lounge or bar. 

You do get a continental b'fast with your stay.  F*** ## !

Having not been there in a couple years we were very disappointed to find this out when we arrived. Their web site still lists the rest. ( Golden Griddle)  and the Jolly Roger Bar as open .THEY ARE NOT !   The human we talked to, to book our rooms failed to inform. In complete fairness the specific question may not have been asked , but still .......

What's that ?  Oh ya  -  Know before you go.  :wtf:

Grand Tappattoo resort is excellent great care great folks and they contribute LARGE they groom the lake trails out of their own pocket they are great folks ! Please support those that support us

Thanks Bill , we always like to support the contributers to our sport.

Our wives ride with us and appreciate the nice digs when we find them !   We'll check it out !

1 hour ago, bucko said:

Thanks Bill , we always like to support the contributers to our sport.

Our wives ride with us and appreciate the nice digs when we find them !   We'll check it out !

If you're going to Tapatoo you may want to take your bathing suit if you're into it. The pool is in a separate building. If it's real cold run quick.

2 hours ago, bucko said:

Not fast enough anymore - at anything   !  :rotflmao:

Sounds familiar

On 2/8/2019 at 3:17 PM, 02Sled said:

If you're going to Tapatoo you may want to take your bathing suit if you're into it. The pool is in a separate building. If it's real cold run quick.

Are they heating it now?

Archived