Riding off the marked trail

SteveB

Saturday was a busy one (Freeloader weekend) in and around the Creemore/Wasaga Beach area. I followed a group of 6 sleds on Saturday with ONE guy running outside the marked trail by a good 1/2 kilometre. I follow him/them into the upcoming gas station where we all stopped for fuel. They are just young kids that did not look old enough to have a license or shave. I could not help myself and look over the the guy running wide and say "it is because of guys like you running outside of the marked groomed trails we are losing the privileges of the land owners". They all stared at me like I have some nerve speaking to them like that. I probably could have been more diplomatic but these guys could have cared less what I think or say. I know this because the young guy I directed my comment to told me to "go f*ck myself". Without missing a beat I then looked at his friends and said to them "are you guys that impressed with your buddy here? You guys seems to be able to understand that it is important to stay on the trails. Maybe you can help educate him on the reasons why we run on the trail as he has just proven he is not that smart or literate." I probably should not have insulted him like that but......  Not another word was said to me as I finished fuelling and went on my way. 

31 minutes ago, zoso said:

You should have photographed his sled and told him he would get a notice to appear in court for trespassing.

What he said....and well done Steve.  

Good for you. I was just thinking about how I saw very few tracks of trail this year especially in the farm fields. 

Good job. Someone's gotta put these little shits in line, lord knows their parents aren't going to .... 

More people should speak up, what is everyone afraid of?

good for you, it's not about being polite,,it's a life's lesson

A few years ago a  group of young riders on the latest sleds had gone thru a hole in a snow  fence and were riding in the 'off trail' section of the field. One was stuck just on the other side of the fence and I tore a strip off him as best as I could and took his picture.

RW

1 hour ago, Running Wild said:

A few years ago a  group of young riders on the latest sleds had gone thru a hole in a snow  fence and were riding in the 'off trail' section of the field. One was stuck just on the other side of the fence and I tore a strip off him as best as I could and took his picture.

RW

Take the picture and then start posting it online letting the world know who is responsible for closing our trails.

Archived