Lower Cost Sleds

revrnd

Polaris has the EVO

Image result for polaris evo

I haven't seen 1 yet, but I wonder if the other OEMs will follow?

Mother had 1 of these & we thought it was a great sled (she liked it too):

Image result for 1979 citation 300

For those unfamiliar w/ them, they had a 300 FC twin & slide suspension. I'm not saying that the 'next' Citation be a leaf spring sled, but something intermediate sized for smaller riders. I saw a couple of female riders on sleds that looked overwhelmed by the size of the sled yesterday.

BRP tried w/ the Freestyle, but IMO was a flop. I probably saw more @ te CSRA races as they were used as a transitional sled for kids going from the 120s to full size sleds. I can't ever recall seeing any on the trails.

A lot of guys seem to think that lower cost sleds are the answer, but in conversation with a couple of Polaris dealers, the EVO has not been a big seller.   

6 hours ago, scottyr said:

A lot of guys seem to think that lower cost sleds are the answer, but in conversation with a couple of Polaris dealers, the EVO has not been a big seller.   

Weather doesn't help, my daughter could use an Evo, but the 340 Lite deluxe is a good alternative and a crap load cheaper for how much use it actually gets

Both kids on trail sleds for less than the cost of 1.

image.jpeg

Saw a youngster, maybe 12 (?) out on a nicely restored 300 Enticer yesterday.

It was a big hit with the crowd, both Dad and said youngster were VERY proud, and pleased with all the attention. 

It had a trail pass, and about $1000, all in, according to Dad. 

16 hours ago, Spiderman said:

Both kids on trail sleds for less than the cost of 1.

image.jpeg

Mother replaced her Citation w/ a new Indy Lite probably same vintage as the red 1 in the pic. When the miles got up on it, she replaced it w/ a newer version like the green 1.

She wasnt interested in what 'doo was offering @ the time.

3 hours ago, manotickmike said:

Saw a youngster, maybe 12 (?) out on a nicely restored 300 Enticer yesterday.

It was a big hit with the crowd, both Dad and said youngster were VERY proud, and pleased with all the attention. 

It had a trail pass, and about $1000, all in, according to Dad. 

My daughters first sled used to get a ton of attention on the trails.115_zpsdd503973.thumb.jpg.919f5ab1e7d0a7b8510e75e01c6d6010.jpg

Archived