Canyon and C to Timmins from SRF ...

Techdenis007

Thanks everyone for discussion.

It's our annual trip, same guys 7 years in a row and I always planning by myself so all help is priceless.

31 minutes ago, IQ TURBO said:

Rode that one also.:right_on:

Next time you are through try Wawa 6, new trail last year through the "fume kill" it is wide open so it can get drifted in easily but when freshly groomed it is a great trail.  Goes through he main boon docking area and has some great views.  Best part is it ends right at The Big Bear in Hawk.  

45 minutes ago, matt17 said:

Next time you are through try Wawa 6, new trail last year through the "fume kill" it is wide open so it can get drifted in easily but when freshly groomed it is a great trail.  Goes through he main boon docking area and has some great views.  Best part is it ends right at The Big Bear in Hawk.  

@Nunz we should take this after we go see the grass eating shitting machine. 

11 hours ago, matt17 said:

Rode Wawa 6 before also..

11 hours ago, matt17 said:

If your around  Saturday feb 16, we will be in town for lunch and fuel...

42 minutes ago, IQ TURBO said:

If your around  Saturday feb 16, we will be in town for lunch and fuel...

Heading to wawa that weekend for some riding. Maybe our paths will cross around there. Be spending a lot of time around wawa 6 .....

3 hours ago, matt17 said:

Heading to wawa that weekend for some riding. Maybe our paths will cross around there. Be spending a lot of time around wawa 6 .....

Is that the Boondocking weekend ?

57 minutes ago, Denis007 said:

I think he read the article on the Wawa area in the Onsnow magazine (the one with the maps in it) that arrived to me yesterday.

1 hour ago, Denis007 said:

It is but the organizers have decided they are only catering to snow bikes this year, they can have them.  Cool in principal but just don't have the pure power of a sled(maybe I am just jealous because I cannot afford another toy though).  But a couple of guys I rode with in past years are heading up so I am planning on meeting them there.  Assuming I have a sled back by then . . . . . :P

2 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I think he read the article on the Wawa area in the Onsnow magazine (the one with the maps in it) that arrived to me yesterday.

Haven't seen that article but I have been riding that area(Badlands) since before I knew what boondocking even was.  Started out there on an old 250 tundra when i first got my license at 12.  Didn't even dream of riding what I can do there with the newer sleds now.  But still managed to get stuck just as much (although I did appreciate the lightness of that old sled) and most importantly always had fun. 

First ever "mod" I did to a sled was hot gluing chicken wire into the hood openings of that old tundra to cut down on the snow coming into the engine and steaming me out. 

7 minutes ago, matt17 said:

It is but the organizers have decided they are only catering to snow bikes this year, they can have them.  Cool in principal but just don't have the pure power of a sled(maybe I am just jealous because I cannot afford another toy though).  But a couple of guys I rode with in past years are heading up so I am planning on meeting them there.  Assuming I have a sled back by then . . . . . :P

Haven't seen that article but I have been riding that area(Badlands) since before I knew what boondocking even was.  Started out there on an old 250 tundra when i first got my license at 12.  Didn't even dream of riding what I can do there with the newer sleds now.  But still managed to get stuck just as much (although I did appreciate the lightness of that old sled) and most importantly always had fun. 

First ever "mod" I did to a sled was hot gluing chicken wire into the hood openings of that old tundra to cut down on the snow coming into the engine and steaming me out. 

If the area on Wawa 6 was a bit of a secret it sure isn't anymore with this article now in print.

1 hour ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

If the area on Wawa 6 was a bit of a secret it sure isn't anymore with this article now in print.

"Top Secret" shhhhhhh!

1 hour ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

It certainly isn't secret any more.  Word started to get out several years back and a concerted effort was made in town (Primarily by Russ and Gord Jones and the former Tourism director from the municipality) to publicize the availability of off trail riding in the Wawa area "Top Secret Boondocking".  It has certainly been successful for the community, however while the easy areas get tracked out fast if you put a little work in you can still find lots of good areas to ride even weeks after a storm.  

Can you post a picture of the magazine? was it the one that comes automatically with the permits, I would be interested in tracking down the article.  

(Sorry for the thread drift, this is a long way from where we started)

in reality wawa got what they wanted, more direct drive to them, business. for the guide businesses though... you need to make people sign waivers. do not compete clauses, and make the rule NO GPS' ALLOWED. if not, you will guide a group once, they will find the honey holes, and then they have the same access they had, without the added guide fee. then it becomes a race... when condition get good, and the powder starts piling up. you end up fighting people to the good spots. the more people you guide, the more you have to fight to get to the good stuff.

like fishing, take people where it is fun. save your super secret spots for yourself, or you will no longer have them. Matt has rode with us, he knows what i am talking about. you figure out who you can trust, and the rest, you dont say a word to. 

with that said... 2.5 FEET of fresh snow on top of 2.5-3 FEET of snow already on the ground, is making this weekend look AWESOME. Ski

2 hours ago, matt17 said:

It certainly isn't secret any more.  Word started to get out several years back and a concerted effort was made in town (Primarily by Russ and Gord Jones and the former Tourism director from the municipality) to publicize the availability of off trail riding in the Wawa area "Top Secret Boondocking".  It has certainly been successful for the community, however while the easy areas get tracked out fast if you put a little work in you can still find lots of good areas to ride even weeks after a storm.  

Can you post a picture of the magazine? was it the one that comes automatically with the permits, I would be interested in tracking down the article.  

(Sorry for the thread drift, this is a long way from where we started)

The magazine comes if you ask for it when buying a permit. This issue has some Ontario and New Brunswick trips as well as the Ontario and New Brunswick trail maps right in the magazine.

on snow mag.jpg

Archived