Canyon and C to Timmins from SRF ...

Techdenis007

Thought I'd put this out there as several people have been asking about both. 

C trail between SRF and Timmins is now Limited, their bypass is finished and the trail is now passable.  This is from Blaise of Arctic Riders SRF. 

Also, there's a Limited section on the A103 power line trail that's Limited, due to Hydro workers accessing the work site with Argos.  No impact on the trail.

962866288_Screenshot_20190201-190432_GoSnowmobilingOntario2018-2019!.thumb.jpg.fef43b75bcf8f7d007dd166717f80520.jpg

20190202_101529.thumb.jpg.2a9ead43cc861de2d9f7b320d8aa595f.jpg

Hope this helps answer some questions. 

thanks buddy!! See you in just over a week!!

21 minutes ago, scottyr said:

That is a great piece of trail.  

X2  My right thumb has always been able to put a smile on my face on the C trail north. 

7 hours ago, Nunz said:

thanks buddy!! See you in just over a week!!

Got room to bring me ?.

7 hours ago, IQ TURBO said:

Yup. Gonna ride the heck outta that soon enough..:evil2:

Easy on the pistons & belts...

:poke2:

11 minutes ago, IQ TURBO said:

And of course the L125.. oh baby..:icon_steer::icon_dance-cpatch:

I miss the old route of TOP A when it dipped south of Hwy 11 between Fauquier & Strickland. Our friend w/ the SRX, not so much.

34 minutes ago, IQ TURBO said:

And of course the L125.. oh baby..:icon_steer::icon_dance-cpatch:

:D

3 hours ago, revrnd said:

I miss the old route of TOP A when it dipped south of Hwy 11 between Fauquier & Strickland. Our friend w/ the SRX, not so much.

Oh yes. I know what you mean. Miss it too.

And for all you guys talking up the L125...STOP IT. I always have that trail to myself to pretend that I'm the rider that I'm not. Always surprised to meet someone there.

L129 south of Moonbeam is 2nd fav. 

Hope to ride the "new" C btwn SRF and Timmins this season. I know a helluva lot of work by Smooth Rock volunteers went into this re-opening. Was so impressed to see a gang of them come to ride the rally in Kap. Never forget, volunteers are snowmobilers too! 

1 hour ago, Claire Voyant said:

Oh yes. I know what you mean. Miss it too.

And for all you guys talking up the L125...STOP IT. I always have that trail to myself to pretend that I'm the rider that I'm not. Always surprised to meet someone there.

L129 south of Moonbeam is 2nd fav. 

Hope to ride the "new" C btwn SRF and Timmins this season. I know a helluva lot of work by Smooth Rock volunteers went into this re-opening. Was so impressed to see a gang of them come to ride the rally in Kap. Never forget, volunteers are snowmobilers too! 

the L125 is pure AWESOMENESS!. God bless the volunteers for that one. One of my favorite trails in Ontario PERIOD.. Cannot wait.. A little better then a week to go!..:evil2:

55 minutes ago, IQ TURBO said:

the L125 is pure AWESOMENESS!. God bless the volunteers for that one. One of my favorite trails in Ontario PERIOD.. Cannot wait.. A little better then a week to go!..:evil2:

Tested it for you today,  good to go .... :evil2:

Butter tarts at the clubhouse are to die for... just saying... tested them too ... sorry none left... 

Need advice we will stay at Cochrane for one night and planning to do Canyon loop, but also like to ride Smooth falls and trails 125,129. Looks like a lot of mileage for one day, So what's place is better to go Canyon or make ride to trail 125,129? 

1 hour ago, andreyboater said:

Need advice we will stay at Cochrane for one night and planning to do Canyon loop, but also like to ride Smooth falls and trails 125,129. Looks like a lot of mileage for one day, So what's place is better to go Canyon or make ride to trail 125,129? 

I'm biased but:  stay in Smooth Rock Falls at the Moose Motel for 2 nights. Ride east and do the Canyon (detour to Mount Calhoun fire tower on your way back to SRF) one day. Then ride west and do the loop I've outlined below the next day. You'd get to do the best that Kap and Moonbeam have to offer: the clubhouse, the L129, the Nursery Loop (L119), the L123 (also AWESOME), and the L125 and then back to Smooth Rock.

I'm sure other folks will weigh in here. 

Screenshot (50).png

Thanks a lot, it a great plan. Problem is we start from Sudbury and follow to Gogama  and after Cochrane, have one day to ride around Cochrane and need to go back to Sudbury. So base of one day what do you prefer Canyon or that loop? Thanks

6 minutes ago, andreyboater said:

Thanks a lot, it a great plan. Problem is we start from Sudbury and follow to Gogama  and after Cochrane, have one day to ride around Cochrane and need to go back to Sudbury. So base of one day what do you prefer Canyon or that loop? Thanks

Do CV's loop.  You won't be disappointed.  All of those trails are fantastic.  One of the best areas, IMO!

43 minutes ago, andreyboater said:

If you haven't done the Canyon, it's a must. Sledjunk is right, though. My loop is pretty sweet. Like I said, I'm biased

I think I will do Canyon this time and leave CV's loop for next trip with some extra day to make it right. Thanks guy

Look forward to hearing about your ride. The Canyon is impressive. It's not everyday you get to snowmobile across a huge hydro dam. Enjoy!

FYI the yellow on the west side of the A103 is because of Hydro work at different spots along the line. Yellow = exercise caution. Think the work is fluid, so to make it safe the status is Limited Availability. 

Ride safe.

Archived