Try Our Trails February 2nd and 3rd!

andreyboater

19 hours ago, zoso said:

If the OFSC folded they would lose in court. Who are they to take all those assets paid for by permit holders and destroy all sledding in Ontario.However a disbanded org is not likely to want to or need to fight for equipment it has no use for.  What purpose would the OFSC if it were to fold, would taking equipment serve. What people in the OFSC would even be around to fight this case, the paid personal would all be let go.

Would the province step in to take the assets? It is an MTO permit. Are the monies collected then MTO monies they allow the OFSC to use?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Nith Valley Sledder said:

Would the province step in to take the assets? It is an MTO permit. Are the monies collected then MTO monies they allow the OFSC to use?

I am led to believe that the Not For Profit legislation has provisions for the dissolution of assets prior to the corp being dissolved .  OFSC position is that all groomers are owned by the OFSC. 

3 hours ago, Faceman said:

I am led to believe that the Not For Profit legislation has provisions for the dissolution of assets prior to the corp being dissolved .  OFSC position is that all groomers are owned by the OFSC. 

1. Liquidation before starting the dissolution process
    The members can pass a special resolution authorizing the directors to distribute any property and discharge any liabilities in accordance with the articles of the corporation and the requirements under the NFP Act. If there is more than one class or group of members, each class or group must pass a special resolution to authorize the dissolution even if these members are not otherwise entitled to vote. The directors must then dispose of any property and liabilities before applying for a Certificate of Dissolution.
  2. Starting the dissolution process before the liquidation process
    If the corporation will cease carrying on business while it is in the process of liquidation, it may wish to apply for a Certificate of Intent to Dissolve. Members must authorize the liquidation and dissolution of the corporation by special resolution. If there is more than one class or group of members, each class or group must pass a special resolution to authorize the dissolution even if these members are not otherwise entitled to vote. The Certificate of Intent to Dissolve serves as public notice that the corporation is no longer carrying on its activities, except to the extent necessary for the liquidation.

Do members need to approve the dissolution?

If the corporation has members but no property or liabilities, members can approve the dissolution by special resolution. If there is more than one class or group of members, each class or group must pass a special resolution to authorize the dissolution even if these members are not otherwise entitled to vote.

If the corporation has no members because no memberships were issued, the directors can pass a resolution to authorize its dissolution.

11 minutes ago, zoso said:

Interesting that the permit buyer is a class of memeber and could therefor vote in the dissolution decision according to the NFP articles of incorporation.

The OFSC bylaws were changed st the AGM in 2017. The only members are now the clubs. Individual permit buyers are no longer members. 

Just now, Big Pete said:

The OFSC bylaws were changed st the AGM in 2017. There only members are now the clubs. Individual permit buyers are no longer members. 

Good move changing in case of this type of thing. Can you imagine the clusterfck if that were to happen.

On 2/2/2019 at 11:31 PM, soupkids said:

Now the question nobody has asked or answered.

Where does the "north" start ??

Barrie, Parry Sound, French River ??

I have wondered that a bit too   Where is the "line" or is it a postal code or what is it that determines where the North is in the eyes of MTO  to get the reduced val tags for vehicles and with Rev Can for the tax break  (  if any )  ?   

28 minutes ago, volunteer2 said:

I have wondered that a bit too   Where is the "line" or is it a postal code or what is it that determines where the North is in the eyes of MTO  to get the reduced val tags for vehicles and with Rev Can for the tax break  (  if any )  ?   

I'm in Pte au Baril.Reduced val tags(not on commercial } No charge on snowmachines and no emissions.I believe the line is the Severn River.The members on here that live south of Parry Sound can confirm this.

5 minutes ago, gtserider said:

I'm in Pte au Baril.Reduced val tags(not on commercial } No charge on snowmachines and no emissions.I believe the line is the Severn River.The members on here that live south of Parry Sound can confirm this.

Found this definition:

Ontario government departments and agencies such as the Growth Plan for Northern Ontario and the Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation define Northern Ontario as all areas north of, and including, the districts of Parry Sound and Nipissing for political purposes

2 hours ago, volunteer2 said:

Even the province has definitions that don't align. For the vehicle pollution checks you are exempt if you are in "northern" Ontario. For that it begins with the Distrcit of Muskoka. The southern most portion of that is Port Severn. There's even a quirk with the boundary. If you are west of the lock in Port Severn it's Georgian Bay Township and you're exempt. If you're east of the lock it's Severn Township and you're not exempt.

The reduced val tags is further north.

11 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

Even the province has definitions that don't align. For the vehicle pollution checks you are exempt if you are in "northern" Ontario. For that it begins with the Distrcit of Muskoka. The southern most portion of that is Port Severn. There's even a quirk with the boundary. If you are west of the lock in Port Severn it's Georgian Bay Township and you're exempt. If you're east of the lock it's Severn Township and you're not exempt.

The reduced val tags is further north.

The area along Lake Huron north of Lambton county through Huron / Bruce / Grey county has always been exempt from auto emission testing. 

Archived