Setting up mxz 2018 900 4 stroke Blizzard

Sheza Renegade

Hello.  Purchased new sled last season and really only got to ride Cochrzne for 4 days. I weigh 125 not suited up and carry gas caddy.   While my sled corners great and really cant ssy it darts it dances.

It doesn't feel solid where you can ride without feeling you have to hang onto it. 

It feels twichy fof lack of s better word.

Its pretty much set from dealer.

Pilot adjustable skis.

Thanks

Hi there! Denis007 probably will chime in too, but to start the lack of steering 'control' sounds very odd. The only issue I had w/ mine last season was some inside ski lift while decelerating in corners.

Since then (not recommended by BRP) I've shortened the limiter strap by 2 holes & reduced the 'centre' shock preload to 5 mm (from 10 mm OEM setting). Sled is very 'flat' in the corners now.

A couple of questions, what are the front shocks set @? Are the rear springs set stiff to shift the weight forward? I cant imagine that being the case other wise you would feel it w/ your weight?

Does the darting/dancing happen in a particular snow condition or all the time?

Finally, what depth are the carbides set at? My understanding of the TS skis is pull the carbides up when the trail is hard & lower them when the snow is soft.

I haven't tried running mine fully extended on hard pack, but I wonder if that might be the case w/ yours? This would be similar to an overly agressive carbide & no studs in track.

I ran a snowcross race years ago w/ 60* racing carbides & trail studding & it was scary to say the least. Darted every which way...

Check the ski toe and make sure they are toed OUT.

as said check you ski toe and make sure ride height is set to spec,     wife drives a blizzard 900 and they ride and steer A-1     

1 hour ago, cookster said:

as said check you ski toe and make sure ride height is set to spec,     wife drives a blizzard 900 and they ride and steer A-1     

I havent heard any complaints from Blizzard owners about darting. Im quite happy with the steering on mine.

My front shocks (springs) are set at 1

Center preload was turned down 1/2 inch from factory.

Blocks are set at 1

And I know front adjustable pìlot ski settings for snow or hard pack and do change those.

I really noticed on tight twisty bumpy trail today it seemed to steer heavy on corners.  My old sled you could feel weight transfer in corner and just exelerate out of corner.  I dont feel that in this sled.  I weigh 125.  

Archived