Close Call North Of Sharbot Lake

GTC

I was grooming today on the E trail ( rail bed)  coming south from Snow Rd, when all of a sudden on a corner there was a orange and black newer Polaris and he was moving. All i could do was point the blade towards the bush, he ended up in the ditch on his side brushed up against a tree and carried on. Just lucky it wasnt on a high fill or in a rock cut, i hope he learned something, driving way to fast to what he could see.

Be careful out there groomers could be anywhere anytime

Glad this had a happy ending, GTC.

Appreciate everything groomer operators do for us.

Thanks!

Happy there wasn't any injury. That could have been a really bad one. I'm also glad you did not have to deal with the trauma of an emergency situation. Thank you for your contributions. 

34 minutes ago, GTC said:

I was grooming today on the E trail ( rail bed)  coming south from Snow Rd, when all of a sudden on a corner there was a orange and black newer Polaris and he was moving. All i could do was point the blade towards the bush, he ended up in the ditch on his side brushed up against a tree and carried on. Just lucky it wasnt on a high fill or in a rock cut, i hope he learned something, driving way to fast to what he could see.

Be careful out there groomers could be anywhere anytime

Sorry to hear, yup can be pretty scary. Had that happen in the tight and twistys more than I would have liked. 

Did you do an incident report?

Wrote down a few notes, on my phone, I will put it in the log book

Would have been a bad scene with virtually no cell service and no PIN number,  2 way radio if anybody listening would have got a call out

As a relatively new groomer operator (2nd seat in the seat), this is my biggest fear when out on a shift.  There are a small percentage of riders that just don’t seem to understand that they are going to lose, big time, if they take on the groomer at any speed.

on a side note, I am blessed with cell coverage in my entire area. And our H&S policy requires every operator have a means of communication. I am surprised that there seems to be nothing in your case.

Archived