Cold beer on a cold day.

zoso

Enjoy your day. Cheers:roll:

Groomer was out on E today south of smiths falls. Lots of snow on the old railbed and it is drifting in as well. Athens distict trails remain ungroomed for over one week but are still pretty darn good all things considered. I have to say, this season is turning out to be awesome. Awesome for the area, not northern ontario awesome. Being able to ride from home is a huge bonus.

I passedby about 8 sleds in my travels, every one of which was riding in control and on their side.Nice to see people being safe riding in control. there were at least a dozen sleds at wild wings in smiths falls. Good place and if you are looking for a stop it has easy tril access and loves sledders. They have a sign on the door saying they support volunteers and sledders, and the staff I spoke with ride too.

3 hours ago, zoso said:

Ride up to Smits falls for lunch.  Wild Wings. Good food hot waitresses cold beer. Life is sooooo good.

But Rye is better!

Hey zoso - was going to ask you to take one for the team, ride up and check out a place which is (was) fairly close to your neighbourhood and was featured on "You've Got to Eat Here" :

D&S Southern Comfort Bbq
6501 Russell Rd, Carlsbad Springs, ON

Unfortunately for rib lovers....

8 months ago
CLOSED PERMANenTLY. It was a great restaurant but after the boiler exploded the owner wasn't able to rebuild due to health issues. Another great restaurant lost forever.

Sad.
Trails look good though.

17 minutes ago, slomo said:

Hey zoso - was going to ask you to take one for the team, ride up and check out a place which is (was) fairly close to your neighbourhood and was featured on "You've Got to Eat Here" :

D&S Southern Comfort Bbq
6501 Russell Rd, Carlsbad Springs, ON

Unfortunately for rib lovers....

8 months ago
CLOSED PERMANenTLY. It was a great restaurant but after the boiler exploded the owner wasn't able to rebuild due to health issues. Another great restaurant lost forever.

Sad.
Trails look good though.

I would be happy to review eateries and beverage samplings along the trails. I will need to you to start a go fund me to finance this venture. I can be the next ned nickerson but give honest reviews.

That D+S has quite the history.

Back in the day, it was a hotel and show-bar. (Local ballet)

We found it closed 2 years ago, it was our destination for a ride. Lots of trail signage, then..... A sign on the door. 

There's a great Pizza place in Navan, Castello's. Not too far away. 

Archived