Elliot Lake - 2019 Updates

Dan-Senior

I was in Elliot Lake this past weekend. Wow, plenty of snow,....no shortage. Heading back again this upcoming weekend (Feb 1st,2nd-3rd). Will be hanging around Dunlop Lake Lodge Saturday afternoon, then off to Black Creek Outfitters.   Please say hi if you happen to be in the area. I'll be riding the 440 XCR.   

1 hour ago, Dan-Senior said:

I was in Elliot Lake this past weekend. Wow, plenty of snow,....no shortage. Heading back again this upcoming weekend (Feb 1st,2nd-3rd). Will be hanging around Dunlop Lake Lodge Saturday afternoon, then off to Black Creek Outfitters.   Please say hi if you happen to be in the area. I'll be riding the 440 XCR.   

Hi Dan,

Great to hear about the snow.  Do you think that is why the Elliot trails seem to be staying yellow this season?

Also, I am wondering why the Echo Bay trails are still RED?  They seem to be splitting the trail system in half from Echo Bay all the way to Black Creek.

I plan to stop over at Dunlop Lake Saturday so hope to see you.

Scott

21 hours ago, AC+YA said:

Hi Dan,

Great to hear about the snow.  Do you think that is why the Elliot trails seem to be staying yellow this season?

Also, I am wondering why the Echo Bay trails are still RED?  They seem to be splitting the trail system in half from Echo Bay all the way to Black Creek.

I plan to stop over at Dunlop Lake Saturday so hope to see you.

Scott

Hi Scott,

I sent you an email with our planned weekend agenda, hopefully you received it.  I'll be with Chad and 3 other Ski-Doo guys.  Looking forwarding to seeing you and hopefully we can connect.  Its always a pleasure to share stories.  

Dan

Elliot Lake Updates

Plenty of snow and trails were in great shape.  We did a loop starting at Big Basswood Lake near Iron Bridge, our halfway point was Black Creek Outfitters.  The new BM2 shaved us 55 kms off our trip.  We shorted it another 10 k, using the Shaw Road.  Was nice to see Scott, Paige and Kip at Black Creek.  Its been a few years.

Nice video, all favorites places:roll:  

18 hours ago, Dan-Senior said:

Elliot Lake Updates

Plenty of snow and trails were in great shape.  We did a loop starting at Big Basswood Lake near Iron Bridge, our halfway point was Black Creek Outfitters.  The new BM2 shaved us 55 kms off our trip.  We shorted it another 10 k, using the Shaw Road.  Was nice to see Scott, Paige and Kip at Black Creek.  Its been a few years.

It was great to see you too Dan.

We like the BM2 also and ran it 3 times last week on our trail rides which included many trails not open or in poor shape over the past few seasons.

The Soo Trailblazers have the D201F in the best shape I have ever seen.  The water is all bypassed and we loved that trail.  Best I have seen most trails in that area and they have snow this season.

Hope it stays that way.  Some of the lakes had a lot of slush so we had to run fast on them.

With those conditions it is hard to beat riding between SSM and Elliot Lake.  The Ice Bridge to Drummond Island was open, but the crossing was wavy and took some work.

904B0DFD-966C-4CEF-89D8-E065F0F95B37.jpeg

Archived