"C" between Parry Sound-Sudbury.

Zertrider

Was hoping to drop South of Parry Sound Thursday and ride to Sudbury, but I see the C is closed in the Henvey Inlet area. Is it a lack of snow issue (which might clear up before then) or a trail permission issue? Thanks.

3 hours ago, Zertrider said:

Was hoping to drop South of Parry Sound Thursday and ride to Sudbury, but I see the C is closed in the Henvey Inlet area. Is it a lack of snow issue (which might clear up before then) or a trail permission issue? Thanks.

Well I can tell you it's not lack of snow,and it's mostly Crown land.

The area is swampy and had always been hard to groom.

Pretty sure people are riding it already.

9 hours ago, soupkids said:

The area is swampy and had always been hard to groom.

Thanks Soup. May have to change plans on where we drop. Still want to hit Sudbury (actually Hanmer to visit a buddy), and maybe ride over to NB or SSM. Gonna spend a couple days in the area.

16 minutes ago, Zertrider said:

Thanks Soup. May have to change plans on where we drop. Still want to hit Sudbury (actually Hanmer to visit a buddy), and maybe ride over to NB or SSM. Gonna spend a couple days in the area.

You could try to find out if C105D is going to open soon.That is a real easy work around.

11 minutes ago, gtserider said:

You could try to find out if C105D is going to open soon.That is a real easy work around.

True, but if the C in that area is not open I would think the c105d is less of a priority.

We rode out of Alban last Saturday. Tons of snow and trails were awesome. One of the most southern points in that area the trails are yellow. 

2 hours ago, gtserider said:

Trail includes Magnetawan,Key rivers,Straight lake. None are staked.

I meant the section that starts at the Jolly.

4 hours ago, Zertrider said:

True, but if the C in that area is not open I would think the c105d is less of a priority.

Different club and district.

I think a groomer took out a Hydro pole on c105d and they are waiting for a fix.

A group is packing the C section tomorrow.

1 minute ago, gtserider said:

Different club and district.

I think a groomer took out a Hydro pole on c105d and they are waiting for a fix.

A group is packing the C section tomorrow.

That is great. Maybe this trip will turn into a RAN now. Booked at Valley Inn Thursday night and NB Friday. Make one somewhere in Parry Sound for Sat night and call it done. Fingers crossed.

might see you out there, we are doing the RAN tour starting on Thursday morning, my and myself. taking it easy, leaving from Magnetawan to Alban , for Thursday night. Do a little extra touring and to Sturgeon Falls Friday and do same thing for Sat. but staying in North Bay , and Sunday back to Magnetawan. Just going to take it slow and take a lot of pictures. I have been in contract with the French river snowmobile association, great people and very helpful a big thanks to Cathy the association president for all the help, and they are expecting the C105D to be open for Thursday barring any groomer breakdowns. 

3 hours ago, 4mysled said:

might see you out there, we are doing the RAN tour starting on Thursday morning, my and myself. taking it easy, leaving from Magnetawan to Alban , for Thursday night. Do a little extra touring and to Sturgeon Falls Friday and do same thing for Sat. but staying in North Bay , and Sunday back to Magnetawan. Just going to take it slow and take a lot of pictures. I have been in contract with the French river snowmobile association, great people and very helpful a big thanks to Cathy the association president for all the help, and they are expecting the C105D to be open for Thursday barring any groomer breakdowns. 

French River people have been awesome in the past!!! Helped out a few times.

As of Sunday it didn't appear that  the 'C' trail east of Mill Lk in Parry Sound  has  been groomed yet.  There is a new billion $$$ ? wind farm at the Henvy Reserve north of Parry Sound and they are in the process of installing a a new transmission line to feed the power south to a terminal very close to the old Jolly Roger  just south of Parry Sound. Some of the trails are affected by this project ,ie mud and gravel and possible trail closures? Maybe Wild Bill from the Seguin culb will have more info. When the project is complete it might benefit snowmobiling as we might be able to use some of the new right of ways? No trouble going from the Jolly to Parry Sound and north to Ardbeg  on the trails west of the 'C' trails.

Rw

2 hours ago, Running Wild said:

As of Sunday it didn't appear that  the 'C' trail east of Mill Lk in Parry Sound  has  been groomed yet.  There is a new billion $$$ ? wind farm at the Henvy Reserve north of Parry Sound and they are in the process of installing a a new transmission line to feed the power south to a terminal very close to the old Jolly Roger  just south of Parry Sound. Some of the trails are affected by this project ,ie mud and gravel and possible trail closures? Maybe Wild Bill from the Seguin culb will have more info. When the project is complete it might benefit snowmobiling as we might be able to use some of the new right of ways? No trouble going from the Jolly to Parry Sound and north to Ardbeg  on the trails west of the 'C' trails.

Rw

Any infrastructure they have but in place has to be taken out.Oh and it's 1.4 B. Luckily not on our dime,but they still get the preferred rate for green power.

2 hours ago, gtserider said:

Pattern Energy is US based,California I believe.That's who writes the cheques.

Nobody will be writing cheques except the end users of hydro. Useless solar and wind projects are nothing more than a feel good liberal pipe dream that costs us billions every year. Add natives to the equation and our tax dollars are paying for their share of the build.

On 1/30/2019 at 4:17 PM, gtserider said:

Pattern Energy is US based,California I believe.That's who writes the cheques.

Correct, Pattern is US based, worked for that developer many times over the years! However, you missed the fact that it is a 50/50 JV with the reserve and guess where their share of 750 million comes from? Certainly not from all the jars of cash they have buried in the back yard lol. You and me Mister. Why do you think it is being so poorly managed currently? 

On 2/1/2019 at 9:42 AM, RAMSOMAIR said:

Correct, Pattern is US based, worked for that developer many times over the years! However, you missed the fact that it is a 50/50 JV with the reserve and guess where their share of 750 million comes from? Certainly not from all the jars of cash they have buried in the back yard lol. You and me Mister. Why do you think it is being so poorly managed currently? 

There is NO cash buried in the back yards on Henfy. Maybe at the Pot shop lol .The project has been a screw up from day one.From environment issues and lots of other stuff. Fire comes to  mine. I have no idea why it has been so poorly managed ,do you have some incite into this ?.I live on the hwy 69 corridor and well aware of the total disregard and waste of this project.--on a daily basis.I just hope they get off our trails soon.Not looking forward to them pulling all there temp bridges as per the Ministry of No Results and F---guidelines We will see what happens in the spring.Got a feeling we will have lots of holes with all are culverts gone.

The latest issue is with the transmission lines across the lake,potential aviation hazard--float planes and water bombers.There is no Transport Canada requirement to install ball markers.Ontario Hydro does it out of liability reasons.I asked them what procedure they use to update aviation charts.They basically told me to F$%k off.Years ago I pulled 3 people out of s float plane,don't want to do that again.

Oh and we need help opening C trail to the key River,your viper won't do it. too much snow.Know anybody with a Summit or such??

Archived