BS Trail Grooming???

Mooseman

Heck I just towed a pallet as well yesterday 7km to groom my private trail out to the main trail. I was surprised how well it did. My friends following were impressed. And on the return it made it back before busting up. Will do again

18 hours ago, GTC said:

Ya it is surprising almost shocking that somebody would do that for free these days, maybe the pallet is to cover their tracks 

You might be surprised what some of us volunteers do for free, or should I say costs us to do and abuse our sleds to get stuff done.

7 minutes ago, Crow said:

You might be surprised what some of us volunteers do for free, or should I say costs us to do and abuse our sleds to get stuff done.

Yeah-I use my own ATV Spring & Fall to put up/take down posts on MSR 31!

9 minutes ago, Crow said:

Ya I’ve used my shop to fix groomers, float to move them around, equipment to work on trails, I could go on, I’m getting tired of these people that drive over small trees or branches, but complain that trails are not open yet

Every time us groomer operators have to climb out to throw things off the trail is time wasted and slows down getting trails groomed

2 minutes ago, Muskoka1 said:

Yeah-I use my own ATV Spring & Fall to put up/take down posts on MSR 31!

Do the same here. Towed my utility trailer with a large map board structure behind the atv last week. 

Small group of us have packed down swamps and and cattails to get the frost in and have been stuck in the mud which is underneath.

Untold miles towing a sleigh with saws, gas ,oil and pickets and signage. 

4 minutes ago, GTC said:

Ya I’ve used my shop to fix groomers, float to move them around, equipment to work on trails, I could go on, I’m getting tired of these people that drive over small trees or branches, but complain that trails are not open yet

Every time us groomer operators have to climb out to throw things off the trail is time wasted and slows down getting trails groomed

Thanks for your contribution. I hear you on the grooming. Happens all the time.

But I need to get out of the groomer once in a while, just not that often.

All that said, our club had reports of a "rogue groomer" one year. Not sure what ever become of it? Never heard if it was an unsatisfied rider that took matters into his own hands or a landowner using the trail to get to other parts of the property?

7 minutes ago, Crow said:

Thanks for your contribution. I hear you on the grooming. Happens all the time.

But I need to get out of the groomer once in a while, just not that often.

Ya the first pass is always the worse, especially areas that don’t see anything except winter traffic

I was a 25+ yr volunteer till 2 weeks ago.

Finally had enough and quit everything.

9 hours ago, soupkids said:

Very understandable as the amount of BS that comes your way can easily be overwhelming.  The criticism on social media and elsewhere is extremely difficult to stomach.  In addition, internal Club/District or OFSC issues can make it even more difficult for the Committed Volunteer such as you.

Unfortunately there are lots of Clubs that are hugely dependent upon a very few key people (sometimes just one or two) and when they have had enough there is a huge void left and the situation compounds itself putting even more pressure on those remaining.

It is a tough decision to step aside but you did the right thing.  I wish you the very best as you move on.  You are very strong to be able to publicly express your feelings and situation.

Brian Baker

11 hours ago, soupkids said:

And Thank You for your years of volunteering. People like you have helped make the trail system what it is today.:icon_clapclap:

Just started to do some around my area this past couple of years. Not much yet, but trying to do better. 

14 hours ago, soupkids said:

Thank you Kevin for your years of service. And thank you for helping to make my riding experience better for years when we lived in our area. Sometimes personal situations are far more important than building snowmobile trails for others to enjoy.  I hope you progress forward knowing many appreciated your work and time and money spent volunteering. When Ileft the executive, I continued to volunteer on my terms and found there is plenty to do if I desired and when I desired, and that made my volunteer efforts enjoyable again, perhaps you will find the same. Best of luck moving forward.

On 1/28/2019 at 12:04 PM, revrnd said:

A couple of guys were grooming the TOP E reroute a week ago w/ 2 old drags. 1 sled was a newish Yammi and the other an old Tundra.

JUst did a big loop ran into maybe that old tundra pulling a drag up E107 HAvelock to Round lake.   Tehn ran inmto the big groomer just heading across Centreline road towards E106.

Archived