Pressure crack in penetang

Baylaker

Be extremely careful in penetang harbour by the jug city gas station. My dads buddy just hit a pressure crack today at 1:00pm and broke some bones. This is what my dad just text me.

So as a result of Dan's accident  hitting a pressure crack while on the snowmobile, he broke two arm bones in his wrist area. His radius and ulna and they are no longer aligned. Doc going to sedate him and reset bones so he can put on a temporary half cast. Next is to see orthopedic surgeon within the week to see if he needs surgery.

be very careful, even on a bright sunny day they can be very hard to see.

Ouch glad it isn't a worse outcome. Simcoe is littered with them this year too more then others. Ice is growing at a rapid rate as of late and this is the outcome. 

At the moment there are 4 or 5 pressure cracks around midland / penetang area. Generally they form every year in relatively the same places but noticed this year they have moved around and there are a few new ones. Also ice is pushed up on shoreline and easy to put your ski under the ice when getting on ice. The cold weather early last week has seemed to create some significant changes on ice landscape. Add to that the large amount of snow and much of it can’t be readily seen. 

That's going to cost $$$

22 hours ago, Baylaker said:

Be extremely careful in penetang harbour by the jug city gas station. My dads buddy just hit a pressure crack today at 1:00pm and broke some bones. This is what my dad just text me.

So as a result of Dan's accident  hitting a pressure crack while on the snowmobile, he broke two arm bones in his wrist area. His radius and ulna and they are no longer aligned. Doc going to sedate him and reset bones so he can put on a temporary half cast. Next is to see orthopedic surgeon within the week to see if he needs surgery.

be very careful, even on a bright sunny day they can be very hard to see.

Sorry to hear. I rode out to Beausoliel Island a couple years ago and there were lots of pressure cracks. Trick is not to ride faster than you can see. But of course ... Sh@T happens....  I bailed from my sled on Saturday and slammed into a tree. I'm so lucky nothing happened. Guys take care out there.

2 hours ago, Yamaha Fan said:

Sorry to hear. I rode out to Beausoliel Island a couple years ago and there were lots of pressure cracks. Trick is not to ride faster than you can see. But of course ... Sh@T happens....  I bailed from my sled on Saturday and slammed into a tree. I'm so lucky nothing happened. Guys take care out there.

Yes anything can happen to anybody out there. Hopefully your ok, and the sled too. Can never be too cautious..I have slowed right down in the past year or so of sledding. Especially while out with the girlfriend. I also need to come home to my kids and also be able to run my business. Lots of things to take into consideration. 

Archived