Ran Tour

4mysled

wanting to try the Ran  tour next week. Trying to restrict the daily mileage to 200K and less. Travelling with my son. We are heading out from Magnetawan and boon-docking the back roads to get to  NN450 and first night will be French River. We are thinking of staying at the Beausejour Inn. Any thoughts, is this good place to say. I checked the thread from revrnd but did not see the name on the list. Next night will be Sturgeon Falls, then North Bay the next night and then back to Magentawan. This is of course if the C and associated  trails open up near the French.  In my younger days this would have been a 2 day trip, but I am also travelling with my son, 16, so I also need to be somewhat thoughtful of him. Wanted to try this tour last year, but could not due to trail conditions. Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated. 

7 hours ago, 4mysled said:

wanting to try the Ran  tour next week. Trying to restrict the daily mileage to 200K and less. Travelling with my son. We are heading out from Magnetawan and boon-docking the back roads to get to  NN450 and first night will be French River. We are thinking of staying at the Beausejour Inn. Any thoughts, is this good place to say. I checked the thread from revrnd but did not see the name on the list. Next night will be Sturgeon Falls, then North Bay the next night and then back to Magentawan. This is of course if the C and associated  trails open up near the French.  In my younger days this would have been a 2 day trip, but I am also travelling with my son, 16, so I also need to be somewhat thoughtful of him. Wanted to try this tour last year, but could not due to trail conditions. Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated. 

Its 200 k from alban to  bestwestern in north bay.

The bow is good.

Also country side in noelville. 

Trails should loop by tomorrow by conversion with groomer operators. 

We stayed @ the Comfort Inn in Sturgeon Falls. Nice rooms & just ordered in pizza. Street running to get to gas & the motel.

I'd suggest calling the Beau now to see if they have any rooms( for your potential day) or are already booked, with all the construction in various areas around the French River everything was booked up by them. Countryside was full on a Tuesday night this week. 

22 hours ago, revrnd said:

We stayed @ the Comfort Inn in Sturgeon Falls. Nice rooms & just ordered in pizza. Street running to get to gas & the motel.

Extreme Pizza is the better place in town and the Comfort Inn has a pool

Archived