D trail south of Wawa

tricky

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, zoso said:

Thanks zoso that's exactly what I'm looking for 

2 hours ago, skidooboy said:

we will be there the 9-18th. loving our new ctec2 8000 xf high country's.... Just sayin' :D Ski

We'll miss you by a day. In Chapleau on the 18th, D'ville on the 19th.

34 minutes ago, revrnd said:

We'll miss you by a day. In Chapleau on the 18th, D'ville on the 19th.

We will be passing each other somewhere on Tuesday.  Im leaving Timmins on the 16th, going counter clockwise around, a night in Hearst and a few days around Wawa, then back the 19th.

5 minutes ago, DOOBEE said:

We will be passing each other somewhere on Tuesday.  Im leaving Timmins on the 16th, going counter clockwise around, a night in Hearst and a few days around Wawa, then back the 19th.

We're a group of 6 sleds w/ 3 XS chassis Buzzards in the pack.

We are leaving Timmins on the 11th and staying in Chapleau, Dub, Hearst, Cochrane then back to Timmins that week. You can't miss my sled lol.

10 hours ago, revrnd said:

We're a group of 6 sleds w/ 3 XS chassis Buzzards in the pack.

You can watch for my rider alert light  (amber or green) on the side of my sled.  Likely be either 1 or 2 in the group.

Rider Alert?

14 minutes ago, Ox said:

Rider Alert?

Flashing lights to keep sledjunk from falling asleep.

See the second product on this page http://yamaheater.com/Products.php

1 hour ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Flashing lights to keep sledjunk from falling asleep.

:icon_badrazz:

I met a sled today, AC or Yamicat that appeared to have LEDs on the UCAs:

image.png.012e2fdf7ddb096b264ad3601ccefcc6.png.

Not the greatest pic as the freezing whatever was starting to fall

3 hours ago, zoso said:

I have to wonder how many people even know what or why those lights are flashing. most likely one in one hundred you pass. Some may think you are a volunteer fire fighter.

Well, that would have included me fer sure.

Sure hope that everyone remembers to change the switch as they get re-arranged during the days ride.

Most can't be trusted to remember to turn off the foglights on their trucks when they have the regular lights on.

First, the light does not flash.  Secondly, it is for signaling if you are last rider in your group (green), or not (amber).  Not rocket science, and rarely do I find that we change positions during the day.  I have a better chance of setting the light correctly than I do remembering which hand signal to use :oops:

It is true that many riders do not know what the lights mean, but there are more every year.  I have been using these in one form or another since 2007.

15 hours ago, Ox said:

Most can't be trusted to remember to turn off the foglights on their trucks when they have the regular lights on.

Exactly! Do you need to have 4 forward facing lights on when you're 3 car lengths behind the vehicle ahead?

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 10:36 PM, revrnd said:

I met a sled today, AC or Yamicat that appeared to have LEDs on the UCAs:

image.png.012e2fdf7ddb096b264ad3601ccefcc6.png.

Not the greatest pic as the freezing whatever was starting to fall

Many of the models come with stock LED headlights on the Cats now.  Both my XF-8000 Cross County models have them.

On 1/25/2019 at 11:01 AM, Nunz said:

I just spoke with Sean at Halfway Haven and they should be open in a couple of days, He has had water issues hence the delay in opening. Also with Tony at the Foleyet club and they will be opening up the connection within a few days as well. We are starting our Northern ride in a couple of weeks and have been watching closely as well. Hope this information helps.

Is Halfway open now?  Appears green on the map.  Just wondering as we will likely be in the area next weekend riding from Elliot Lake to Chapleau.

23 minutes ago, Turbo Burgo said:

Is Halfway open now?  Appears green on the map.  Just wondering as we will likely be in the area next weekend riding from Elliot Lake to Chapleau.

He is open correct. We will be through there on Tuesday.

It was posted he has limited fuel right now at halfway.

sean at halfway haven just posted on fb, he has LIMITED AMOUNTS OF FUEL, DO NOT USE HALFWAY HAVEN AS A FUEL STOP AT THIS TIME.

quote: 

Please avoid us for a scheduled fuel stop, I have very limited amounts on hand and am working on correcting this as soon as I can. Thanks for your understanding and we will keep you posted.

Ski

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 8:24 AM, Nunz said:

We are leaving Timmins on the 11th and staying in Chapleau, Dub, Hearst, Cochrane then back to Timmins that week. You can't miss my sled lol.

I will be right behind you.  Doing the same loop, leaving Timmins on the 12th.  Except that we are by-passing Cochrane and heading straight to Timmins from Hearst.

[Halfway]

All better, thank you to everyone that helped us through this unplanned struggle and our customers for your understanding. Heavy traffic and the highways closed led up to this “perfect storm”. Never wanted to be in this situation but I guess sometimes life just happens.
We have gas, blue bird skies and fantastic trails.

[/Halfway]

Archived