Port Sydney conditions

Muskoka cat guy

DuYaWanna trails were perfect all weekend, thanks again guys and gals, what a finish

finish?

9 hours ago, Blake G said:

finish?

When i got back from the east side trails yesterday the groomer was out on the west side. He had done the lake trail and was on his way up 50. Not sure where he went after that. 

On a side note some stupid piece of $hit ripped the map boards off the wall at Freds place and also burned the sign-in book my GF brought out. Why?? Lots of firestarter and newspaper.  No real damage  but its pretty nice having the BEST warm up hut in Muskoka and it'd be nice to keep it that way!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I can't comment on Port Sydney per se, but here's a look at D Trail between Sprucedale and Aspdin today. As good as it gets. (I accessed from the Seguin Trail. Not keen on running the pavement on Yearley Road, going north from Aspdin.)

20190320_112131-1612x1209.jpg

20190320_112622-1612x1209.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blake G said:

I can't comment on Port Sydney per se, but here's a look at D Trail between Sprucedale and Aspdin today. As good as it gets. (I accessed from the Seguin Trail. Not keen on running the pavement on Yearley Road, going north from Aspdin.)

Looks mighty fine to me..:right_on:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

Can I get a rip in this weekend? Like to ride Saturday?.

I'd say yes. Should be great spring riding. Lots of base. Hope for a bit of snow to help out the road rash. If you start in Port sydney heading up D north the road run on yearley road wasnt too bad on monday. Dyw has the ditch groomed the best they can in spots. Heading east to baysville is good till u get to echo lk rd. Sunday morning the grader had scraped it down pretty good but was still bearable. Could be worse by now. Heading north east towards north portage is still good base but u have the road run on lynx lk road or whitehouse rd and also north portage road before lake of bays trail which shows red now. I might be out saturday and sunday if i can get my sled fixed friday night. 

• Like 1

Ran Bracebridge to Port Sydney on Monday, trails are good but very hard. Use Ice scratchers if you have them as my one sled does not have the scratchers and it was running warmer then I have seen in the past. There is one wash out on D trail south of where D crosses Manitoba street, some smart thinking snowmobiler placed a  tree branch in the hazard so look out for the wash out that if you are in that area.

• Like 1

Thanks for the updates!

8 hours ago, Blake G said:

Our backyard, folks were out as well, reported excellent conditions

• Like 1

Just came from a little rip south of Port Sydney on D .top is getting washed of a bit with drizzle .could be icy by weekend .bring scratchers 

• Thanks 2

D near tunnel.

20190322_095250-1612x1209.jpg

• Like 3

I see Bracebridge has now went red 

20190322_101255-1612x1209.jpg

20190322_101236-1612x1209.jpg

• Like 1

Hmmmmmmmmmmm Blake you sure are having an AWESOME season.  By my calculations you are at 6190 MILES not kms so far.  Keep it going bud.  WOW  most I've done in a year was 5435 miles. I won't ever be able to do that again.  Not enough time devoted to it anymore.  Good for you.  Yes the pictures make me jealous right now while I'm working.  Geez

You really need to change your name on here to one of the following:

Roadblake

Trail Reporter Blake

Trail master Blake

Edited by extreme600

20190322_104319.jpg

20190322_113059.jpg

20190322_115245.jpg

20190322_115107.jpg

Edited by Blake G

2 hours ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

sprucedale??

Sure is

Yes. Sprucedale.

Highland Rovers are out grooming the Seguin at the moment (pic 1), and Hill and Gully are currently grooming north on D (pic 2).

20190322_124201-2016x1512.jpg

20190322_134023-2016x1512.jpg

• Like 1

Enjoy what is left, I'm done for the season.  Very happy with this year.